Storyist Forums

Stump Thoth Now!

marguerite

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We shall have to send an EOA ship over to those zombies to dump a load of overmuffins on their heads! Bad zombies! Bad!

I would be happy to share Thoth as a minion, Lady M! That way he won't escape when one of us goes on vacation or is very busy baking overmuffins. :lol:

I must say though, having an aversion to heels, I much prefer combat boots. I'm actually in need of a new pair and would like to find some steel toed ones. I shall have to locate some before winter comes around.

Hurray Thoth... only 1,788 to catch up..... 1789.....1790........ :P

Minion Sharing

- Jooli

We shall have to send an EOA ship over to those zombies to dump a load of overmuffins on their heads! Bad zombies! Bad!

Much obliged.

I would be happy to share Thoth as a minion, Lady M! That way he won't escape when one of us goes on vacation or is very busy baking overmuffins. :lol:

Oh joy :P

I must say though, having an aversion to heels, I much prefer combat boots. I'm actually in need of a new pair and would like to find some steel toed ones. ...

Much better for kicking gremlins, goblins, and naughty minions. :( But don't underestimate the penetrating power and pain potential of an appropriately spiked heel. Case and point, the scars on Sir Percy's back.

-Thoth.

Much better for kicking gremlins, goblins, and naughty minions. :P But don't underestimate the penetrating power and pain potential of an appropriately spiked heel.

Hehehe! M can provide the puncture wounds and I can provide the general bruising. :lol:

Still only half awake

- Julzzzzzzzzzzz

I was there for some special training, no ties needed. :lol:

I'm pretty sure Thoth is a Group Available Minion. Anyone know where his contract is?

Contract? Who needs contracts? He's already submitted! :( Besides, I'm sure I can locate a tie somewhere around here if necessary. Sir Percy is absolutely rolling in cravats (sounds vaguely naughty, doesn't it?)

Happy to share. As Jules notes, someone has to keep an eye on the Group Minion during the overmuffin baking/hurling sessions and while one of us is off on vacation, taking refresher courses, and the like. :P

Feeling especially evil today. Mwahahahaha...

M

If, by 'keeping an eye on', you mean 'torturing', then sure! :P

Is feeling eeeevil today as well,

Calli

Well, of course. We are Evil Alien Overladies! :lol:

Here, Thoth, have an overmuffin. You are getting sleeeepy, sleeeeepy, sleeepy, and when you wake up you will remember nothing of this online discussion, except Calli's dreadlock question, which you will feel compelled to answer....

M

Here, Thoth, have an overmuffin. You are getting sleeeepy, sleeeeepy, sleeepy, and when you wake up you will remember nothing of this online discussion, except Calli's dreadlock question, which you will feel compelled to answer....

Zzzzzz. Huh? I suddenly feel compelled to answer the question, "Would hair dreadlock underwater?"

The answer is no. Traditionally it was believed that in order to create dreadlocks, one had to refrain from brushing, combing or washing one's hair. This encourages it to matte on its own. New methods (braids, comb-coils, finger-twisting, palm-rolling, or two-strand twists) offer more control over formation and the overall look of the locks, making them look more groomed and uniform.

Mmmm. Muffins. Zzzzzz.

-Thoth.

I've got this picture of Thoth in my head huddled amongst the gremlin and goblin minions like ET was hidden among the stuffed animals :lol:

Cool question Calli. If dreadlocks were something you could put in and take out at your leisure I would totally do them, but they aren't, so I settle for braids.

So Thoth, this is probably easy for you, but name all 3 children in the Swiss Family Robinsons movie and the girl brought to the island by the pirates.

Trying to think of a more obscure movie

- 3000 Joules..... CLEAR

Hrm, that's what I thought. My mermaids, in my orginal design, had dreadlocks. But I was thinking about it yesterday on the train, while I was drawing, and I realized it probably wouldn't happen. And GAM!Thoth agrees, so I think I'll have to scrap that idea.

Hm, I'll have to think of a new question.

Psh, you could totally make Mermaids with dreadlocks! They probably twist it by hand with seaweed and use wax or gel or something from sea cucumbers or eels. :P

Voting for dread-locked Mermaids

- Jools

So Thoth, this is probably easy for you, but name all 3 children in the Swiss Family Robinsons movie and the girl brought to the island by the pirates.

Which movie? 1940? (All boys) 1960? (All boys) Or 1998? (Which is technically called The New Swiss Family Robinsons. It had Jane Seymour as the mom.) There is a new one planed for 2012. Or are you talking about one of the many TV movies or series?

Still a Confuseling.

-Thoth

Hrm, that's what I thought. My mermaids, in my orginal design, had dreadlocks. But I was thinking about it yesterday on the train, while I was drawing, and I realized it probably wouldn't happen. And GAM!Thoth agrees, so I think I'll have to scrap that idea.

Oh no. I totally agree with Jools. "You could totally make Mermaids with dreadlocks." What's the point of being an artist if you're not going to exercise your artistic license?

Reality is for the weak minded.

-Thoth.

Disney from 1960... but really, do they have different names in all the movies? That would be annoying, because I'm sure it's based off a book......

Do you know the Crow's name from Secret of Nimh?

Artistic Liscence Taker

- Gracie (HA!)

Disney from 1960... but really, do they have different names in all the movies? That would be annoying, because I'm sure it's based off a book......

"Based" is a very fluid word with movie producers. In Cinderella, the book, Cindy's mom is made to wear white-hot iron boots at the end of the story and forced to dance until she dies. The stepsisters also cut off their heels and toes to fit into the glass slipper. In The Little Mermaid, the book, Ariel feels that walking on land is like walking of broken glass. And she dies at the end. And these are children's books, remember.

Also, click here for the cast and credits from the 1960 movie.

Do you know the Crow's name from Secret of Nimh?

That's easy: Jeremy, voiced by Dom DeLuise. How could anyone mistake that voice?

Now I got one for you: "NIMH" is actually an acronym that is briefly identified on a sign in the film. What does it stand for?

"Gracie"? Are we really going there?

-Thoth

Oh no. I totally agree with Jools. "You could totally make Mermaids with dreadlocks." What's the point of being an artist if you're not going to exercise your artistic license?

Reality is for the weak minded.

-Thoth.

Make that three votes for dreadlocked mermaids. If you can have mermaids, why not underwater dreadlocks?

And if any twerp complains, hurl an overmuffin! :P

M

"Based" is a very fluid word with movie producers. In Cinderella, the book, Cindy's mom is made to wear white-hot iron boots at the end of the story and forced to dance until she dies. The stepsisters also cut off their heels and toes to fit into the glass slipper. In The Little Mermaid, the book, Ariel feels that walking on land is like walking of broken glass. And she dies at the end. And these are children's books, remember.

Yes and nursery rhymes talk about babies falling out of trees, politics, and the plaque... Question for you is which common children's nursery rhyme is about the plague?

Also, click here for the cast and credits from the 1960 movie.

Yes but see you were supposed to name the characters names without looking them up. Silly Minion.

Now I got one for you: "NIMH" is actually an acronym that is briefly identified on a sign in the film. What does it stand for?

I believe it's National Institute for Mental Health... or something like that.

"Gracie"? Are we really going there?

-Thoth

Going where?

Make that three votes for dreadlocked mermaids. If you can have mermaids, why not underwater dreadlocks?

And if any twerp complains, hurl an overmuffin! :P

M

Ha! I love the word twerp. Hey, you could have a twerp mermaid in your story who didn't want to have dreadlocks. :P

Awaiting Mermaid Drawing Awesomeness

- Jooli-ooli

Yes and nursery rhymes talk about babies falling out of trees, politics, and the plaque... Question for you is which common children's nursery rhyme is about the plague?

"Ring around the rosy." The English version, by the way, does not say, "Ashes, ashes," but the more logical "Achoo, achoo," a reference to the pneumonic form of the plague.

Yes but see you were supposed to name the characters names without looking them up. Silly Minion.

I think you've discovered his secret. He'll really be a stumped GAM now. :P

I believe it's National Institute for Mental Health... or something like that.

- Jooli-ooli

I, too, believe that (without looking it up). :P

M

Really? It was always Ashes Ashes when I was little.... Hurray for Pneumatic and Bubonic versions! lol!

lol! Poor Thoth, demoted from Ocean of Knowledge to GAM.

GAM sharing EOA

- J

You're both right about NIMH and "Ring". Full points all around.

"Go where"? Jules, are you going to sign off now with variations on Grace?

lol! Poor Thoth, demoted from Ocean of Knowledge to GAM.

As I have often said, "The Web makes experts of us all."

Do I have to give up my key to the minion washroom? :P

-Thoth

Do I have to give up my key to the minion washroom? :P

-Thoth

No, this is your first "offense." You may keep your key for now. :P

Yes, Jules, the Americans all sing, "Ashes, ashes." But when I was a kid in the UK, we sang, "Achoo, achoo" (making sneezing sounds), then "we all fall down" [dead]. The "ring around the rosy" is the bubo itself. We didn't know what we were singing, but we sang it anyway. Thus is the myth of childhood innocence preserved.

More than you ever wanted to know, I bet! :P

M

Ooooh... "Real English" ... I see. Now I have the song stuck in my head, being sung with an English accent. hahaha!

lol! Yup, what traumatized children we all really are, singing about dying people and all that. I'm surprized we all don't have a fear of falling from heights from "Rock-a-bye baby".

Are poppies the same as posies? If so, they're a very ominous flower....

Humming.....

- J

Archived