Storyist Forums

Steve on Craig Crossman's Computer America

Steve E

From Announcements (to which I cannot reply):

Hi Folks,

I'll be the guest tonight (August 7) on Craig Crossman's Computer America radio program, and will be talking about Storyist, writing, and e-books.

If you get Business Talk Radio in your area, you can listen (and call in) live from 11PM - 12AM EST. If not, you can listen to the live stream or the iTunes Podcast that will be available shortly thereafter.

-Steve

Hi Steve!

Nice interview. I hope people didn't tune out because it didn't begin until 11:10PM (and lasted 37 minutes sans commercials and promotions). But, as you say, it's available as a Podcast.

I think that if you ever write a book about Storyist's development (or a personal prolog to the User's Guide) the interviewer's suggestion would make a good title, "Storyist: A Labor Of Love."

You hit the main points, I think. But you might have mentioned that the degree to which you outline (if you choose to outline at all) is up to you. Storyist isn't like (for example) Dramatica, which insists on every little detail being in place before you get into the story. (Throw a bone to us Pantsers every once in a while. Okay?)

You also might have mentioned, for those considering Scrivener, that Storyist is great at organizing your notes and research. A lot of writers start with just a big pile of notes that need organizing. You just sort of alluded to Storyist's capacity here.

I didn't win a disk drive, dang-it.

Thanks for mentioning bookmarks. :lol:

-Thoth.

Yes! Pantsers For The Win (as opposed to that other popular meaning of FTW which I'm sure Calli didn't mean, being a pure and innocent flower *clearing throat loudly*).

- Thoth.

Huh? There's another meaning? ... Do I want to google this?

- Calli

Huh? There's another meaning? ... Do I want to google this?

- Calli

Wikipedia would be faster. But do you want to know? Probably not.

Trying to maintain some semblance of goodness and light in this tawdry woeful world.

- Thoth.

BTW: How did you like Steve's interview? (See top of thread.)

Archived