Storyist Forums
JBAILEY

Connection to Google Docs

I would like to see a feature that would sync your current project with a google docs account so backups could be made simple.

Could easily fit under the sync via FTP feature, as soon as Steve gets around to it. :lol:

Could easily fit under the sync via FTP feature, as soon as Steve gets around to it. ;)

Well, there is a little more to it than that. :)

Google Docs doesn't support style sheets, for instance, which would make backing up of manuscript and notes files a lossy operation. And there isn't yet a database component, so character, plot, and setting data would have to be transcoded to some text format.

-Steve

Well, there is a little more to it than that. ;)

Google Docs doesn't support style sheets, for instance, which would make backing up of manuscript and notes files a lossy operation. And there isn't yet a database component, so character, plot, and setting data would have to be transcoded to some text format.

-Steve

Forgive my tongue, I may hath mispoke.

In the mean time, could Export -> PDF / DOC and upload (Still lossy, except in appearance.)