Storyist Forums

I'm Baaaaaaaccccckkkkk!!!!

Joolissa

Hello All!!!

I'm back!!! I'm sorry for my long absence. August was an insane month for me! I visited people in 4 different states over 3 weeks, with only 1 week spent at home, which I was sick for some of. Ahhh!!! Now I'm starting school and I am also interviewing at the Academy of Natural Sciences and Phila Zoo for live animal care internships. We'll see what happens, but the insanity may continue!

In other news, I'm getting snow leopard! I will still have Tiger on my desktop though, so I'll still walk on both sides of the beta clubs. Haha!

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know I am still alive. I'm now going to go browse around the board and see what I've missed. I hope you all are doing well!!!

The Prodigal Jules

Welcome back! You didn't have H1N1 did you? Good luck with school.

Snow Leopard is pretty cool. There's an issue with stacks on small screens (at least for me).

Hey Joodily-Doodily, missed ya.

I'm considering SL myself but I'm going to wait for the new iMac hardware (expected in Dec/Jan). Then I'll be bi-OS* like you.

Hope the internship interviewing goes well.

- Thoth.

*Not to be confused with the British Institute of Organ Studies.

Welcome back, Ms. JG! As Thoth notes, we missed ya. Glad what kept you away was nothing more ominous than too many destinations, too little time. :)

I, too, am eying SL with envy.... My 6-year-old Powerbook needs an upgrade. I just have to persuade Sir P. to part with some cash. But I figure I'll at least wait until Apple's Sept 9 brouhaha. After what they did to me with the Intel transition, I don't trust them not to pull another fast one. :o

Best,

Marguerite

I, too, am eying SL with envy.... My 6-year-old Powerbook needs an upgrade. I just have to persuade Sir P. to part with some cash. But I figure I'll at least wait until Apple's Sept 9 brouhaha. After what they did to me with the Intel transition, I don't trust them not to pull another fast one. :o

Best,

Marguerite

Oh, I think we can count on that.

Hi M.

First, it seems that Snow Leopard has already been found to be incompatible with over a 100 common Mac apps. (Click here and here.)

Second, Apple's Sept 9 brouhahaha will focus on the iPod but there are rumors of a tablet Mac. (click here and here.)

Third, Talk Like A Pirate Day is coming up. (Sept. 19.) So here's a free English-to-Pirate translator. (Click here.)

Be well, all. Arrr.

- Thoth.

First, it seems that Snow Leopard has already been found to be incompatible with over a common 100 Mac apps. (Click here.)

Be well, all. Arrr.

- Thoth.

Snow Leopard broke the Astroboy Screensaver as well :o

I missed you guys too...

Well.. there was some ominous Sattelite internet with download/upload limits.... and a cold that I got the first day I got to the Beach that hung around until now... gotta love getting sick for vacation and then better for school!! >_<

Thanks for the well wishes! I have 1 interview on Thursday and am still waiting to be scheduled for the other one. I would cross my fingers and toes, but that might make me look a bit funny in the interview. :o

As for SL... my geeky friend wanted to get the family pack box set with iLife and all that, so he asked me (and a few other people) to go in on it with him. Sooooo I figured I'd help the guy out. lol! I guess we'll see how it goes. If apple comes out with a tablet... I'll definitely be drooling... I've been drooling over the Wacom Cintiq 12W for a long time now....

If I had a million dollars......

- Julesiz

Hi M.

First, it seems that Snow Leopard has already been found to be incompatible with over a common 100 Mac apps.

Be well, all. Arrr.

- Thoth.

Yes, that was another reason for not rushing into anything. Let the early adopters work out the kinks! :o

Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle o' rum to ye, Pirate Chief Thoth,

M

Yes, that was another reason for not rushing into anything. Let the early adopters work out the kinks! :o

Ho, ho, ho, and a bottle o' rum to ye, Pirate Chief Thoth,

M

I say thee yea, Pirate Queen Marguerite.

And hold ye hen fruit, JG. Arr.

- Thoth

• 2 weeks later...

We should make an "I'm BACK!" Thread. I nominate this one.

Hi everyone, I'm back from Alaska! AND I've returned with my novel's first draft, all printed out and run through its first non-author editing. I am SO ready for this fall! Yay Storyist!

- Calli

We should make an "I'm BACK!" Thread. I nominate this one.

Hi everyone, I'm back from Alaska! AND I've returned with my novel's first draft, all printed out and run through its first non-author editing. I am SO ready for this fall! Yay Storyist!

- Calli

Hi Calli.

ALASKA! I bet you have some stories? Did any of them make it into the book? Do we have a budding Jack London here? Did you do the Iditarod? Did you see the aurora borealis? David Boreanaz? Sarah Palin? Russia from her porch?

Good to hear from you and the very best of luck with your book.

- Thoth

Welcome Back Cali!!! I would love to visit Alaska! Did you see any Grizzly bears? Any other cool wildlife? I hope you had a great time! It's very exciting to have your book all printed up! Awesome!

This is a bit off topic, but as it was my thread to start I feel entitled to use it :lol: I just want to let everyone know I got the Academy of Natural Sciences Live Animal Care Internship!!! Yay!!!!! I'll be going in on Friday to fill out paper work and get my schedule set up, but then I'll be cleaning cages and feeding critters every Thursday and Friday. And let me tell you, they have some pretty cool critters! I'm really excited.

- Jungle Jules

Welcome Back Cali!!! I would love to visit Alaska! Did you see any Grizzly bears? Any other cool wildlife?...

Yeah Calli. Spill it. Just what sights did you see up north? (We're hungry for a vicarious vacation.)

...I just want to let everyone know I got the Academy of Natural Sciences Live Animal Care Internship!!! Yay!!!!! I'll be going in on Friday to fill out paper work and get my schedule set up, but then I'll be cleaning cages and feeding critters every Thursday and Friday. And let me tell you, they have some pretty cool critters! I'm really excited.

We never doubted you for a moment Jungle Jules. Yay!!!!!

Hmm. Cleaning cages and feeding critters...good preparation for marriage, or at least raising kids. Everyone should have such an internship!

- Thoth: King of the (local) Beasts.

Archived