Storyist Forums

Automatic Typo Fix

Steve E

It would be useful to have a a feature that located and fixed double-word errors. (Did you spot the double-word error in the last sentence?) Perhaps something under Tools. It would have to do these fixes one at a time to give the writer a chance to skip the fix if desired.

I'm sure there are a lot of other typo fixes that would be useful.

Chime in anyone.

- Thoth.

It would be useful to have a a feature that located and fixed double-word errors. (Did you spot the double-word error in the last sentence?) Perhaps something under Tools. It would have to do these fixes one at a time to give the writer a chance to skip the fix if desired.

I'm sure there are a lot of other typo fixes that would be useful.

Chime in anyone.

- Thoth.

You can configure Storyist 2.1 and later to correct single word typos on Snow Leopard. It won't detect repeated words, though.

-Steve

You can configure Storyist 2.1 and later to correct single word typos on Snow Leopard. It won't detect repeated words, though.

-Steve

Exactly my point: it won't detect repeated words. So how about it? Does it make the list?

And I expect that there are other such common typos not handled by T/L/SL/Storyist (I just cant think of them just now)*.

Still riding the Tiger.

-Thoth.

*Edit: Ah! Unbalanced parentheses.

Archived