Storyist Forums

Storyist on Wakoopa

Pyrobon

Wakoopa is a website that, using a propietary software, tracks what app's people use the most and where everyone can post their reviews and comments about those.

I pimped up a little the storyist page since it didn't have an icon, screenshot, description or anything. Also i've added my review (excuse my poor english) but it would be nice if all you comment something else

to make the software more popular!

A good thing

Wakoopa says Storyist is the 13th most popular productivity on Mac OS X :rolleyes:

http://wakoopa.com/software/storyist

Wakoopa is a website that, using a propietary software, tracks what app's people use the most and where everyone can post their reviews and comments about those.

I pimped up a little the storyist page since it didn't have an icon, screenshot, description or anything. Also i've added my review (excuse my poor english) but it would be nice if all you comment something else

A good thing

Wakoopa says Storyist is the 13th most popular productivity on Mac OS X :rolleyes:

Hi Pyrobon.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that list or the site's "propietary software". I just checked out your link and Storyist has dropped from 13th to the 52nd most used productivity tool, just behind (to add insult to injury) Freckle* (at 51). But far worse, it is listed as an Office Productivity Tool and not as a Word Processor**. I couldn't even find Storyist in the Word Processor category, though Scrivener was was there.

Remember, this ranking comes from people willing to install Wacopa's "propietary software" on their machines.

- Thoth.

*Freckle is a web 2.0 time-tracking tool programmed in Austria. A fine product, I'm sure, but it has nothing to do with writing novels.

**Link to Word Processor category.

A good thing

Wakoopa says Storyist is the 13th most popular productivity on Mac OS X :D

Hi Pyrobon,

First, thank you for the review! It's great to see comments from Storyist users around the web; it sure helps get the word out.

I have to say, I installed the tool and am impressed and a little cautious. Impressed because they're able to gather a LOT of information about what you use, and, cautious because, well, they're able to gather a LOT of information about what you use.

-Steve

I have to say, I installed the tool and am impressed and a little cautious. Impressed because they're able to gather a LOT of information about what you use, and, cautious because, well, they're able to gather a LOT of information about what you use.

And who knows what other information they're gathering off your computer!

But Steve, did you talk to them about moving Storyist into the Word Processor category? Storyist is competing with Freckle, and losing, for goodness sakes.

Don't know why you're so complacent about this.

- Thoth.

But Steve, did you talk to them about moving Storyist into the Word Processor category? Storyist is competing with Freckle, and losing, for goodness sakes.

Don't know why you're so complacent about this.

- Thoth.

Hi Thoth,

I think your beta testing focus allowed you to miss the point here ( :D ): a Storyist user wrote a great review of the software, spent time adding images to the listing, and posted here so that people could come help if they wanted. That's great! Thanks again Pyrobon!

We'll get the categorization sorted out.

And I bet we could take Freckle if we tried ;)

-Steve

I think your beta testing focus allowed you to miss the point here ( :D ): a Storyist user wrote a great review of the software, spent time adding images to the listing, and posted here so that people could come help if they wanted. That's great! Thanks again Pyrobon!

Yes, you're right. Good publicity. Yea!

That's all I ask.

As a novel writing tool, without a doubt.

- Thoth.

Hi Pyrobon.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that list or the site's "propietary software". I just checked out your link and Storyist has dropped from 13th to the 52nd most used productivity tool, just behind (to add insult to injury) Freckle* (at 51). But far worse, it is listed as an Office Productivity Tool and not as a Word Processor**. I couldn't even find Storyist in the Word Processor category, though Scrivener was was there.

Remember, this ranking comes from people willing to install Wacopa's "propietary software" on their machines.

- Thoth.

*Freckle is a web 2.0 time-tracking tool programmed in Austria. A fine product, I'm sure, but it has nothing to do with writing novels.

**Link to Word Processor category.

Actually it is 13th. The list that you are seeing includes Windows APPs, which would make Storyist the 52nd app in Office Productivity in both OS. In Mac OS X, however, it's the 13th most popular office productivity tool. Just two steps below Scrivener i think.

Hi Thoth,

-Steve

Don't worry! Couldn't live without Storyist now that i use it. :) Thanks!

... In Mac OS X, however, it's the 13th most popular office productivity tool. Just two steps below Scrivener i think.

Scrivener can pass as an office productivity tool. Storyist cannot — unless your office job is to write novels or scripts. (Hmm. I may have jumped the gun here.)

My point is/was to make sure Storyist is in the right categories and out of the wrong ones. I'm not being obsessive here (maybe). People looking for a good writing tool will see Storyist in the wrong category and dismiss it as an option. I've done this with products only to regret my mistakes.

Trying to minimize the regret in the world.

- Thoth

Archived