Storyist Forums

Calli's NaNo 09

astillac

Ahhh, some room to stretch out and run around like a small child. Glee!

As I was saying in a previous thread, I think I have decided what to write this year, and no, dear Thoth, it is not an autobiography. My life is thoroughly boring. ;)

My options for this year were to continue the trilogy, or write one of two new ideas: one of a someone becoming someone else every seven years, or one about doors that lead to anywhere other than where they should. As I sort of hate my trilogy right now (it's rather horrible), it's right out. If I can scrounge some words for it this November, good for me. I'm not a word snob; they all count.

I THINK what I'm going to write is the new person every seven years. I THINK. :D

- Calli

PS - Anyone know entirely too much about French clothing models from the 1980s?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My life is thoroughly boring. ;)

All writers say that. Well, most.

... I sort of hate my trilogy right now (it's rather horrible), it's right out ...

Hating what you're writing is just a normal stage of the process. It will pass ... probably.

I THINK what I'm going to write is the new person every seven years. I THINK. :D

So is this person on the run and has to change his/her identity to stay free? Or is he/she a shape shifter whose changes are triggered by a natural seven-year cycle? Or ... nah, I'll let you do the work.

PS - Anyone know entirely too much about French clothing models from the 1980s?

Gosh, I hope not. (Did you mean French clothes of the 1980s or French models of the 1980s?)

- Thoth.

So is this person on the run and has to change his/her identity to stay free? Or is he/she a shape shifter whose changes are triggered by a natural seven-year cycle? Or ... nah, I'll let you do the work.

Naturally occurring, every seventh birthday. Goes to sleep on the birthday eve, wakes up as someone else.

Gosh, I hope not. (Did you mean French clothes of the 1980s or French models of the 1980s?)

- Thoth.

French models, actually. Mostly so I can research them.

Naturally occurring, every seventh birthday. Goes to sleep on the birthday eve, wakes up as someone else.

If they were vulcans, once every seven years they'd go to sleep and wake up horny.

French models, actually. Mostly so I can research them.

Only Laetitia Casta and Aurelie Claudel come to mind, but they didn't hit their stride until the '90's.

- Thoth.

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I'd throw a couple character things up. It's my thread, I can do that. You can click on them to see them in the Flickr pool, where I've given more information on the actual drawing. ;) (Look, it's 4:30am, I'm not about to go do WORK for you guys.)

Unknown secondary character:

4038316425_0a7bf4ab4f.jpg

Main character's mother:

4051692495_6f185ddd0c.jpg

Figured I'd throw a couple character things up. It's my thread, I can do that. You can click on them to see them in the Flickr pool, where I've given more information on the actual drawing. :P (Look, it's 4:30am, I'm not about to go do WORK for you guys.)

Unknown secondary character:

4038316425_0a7bf4ab4f.jpg

Main character's mother:

4051692495_6f185ddd0c.jpg

Nice I SOOOO wish I could draw. :(

I WISH.

So, what do you think is the power source of Castle Heterodyne?

Mouse in a wheel?

It's probably some sort of absorption device that gathers all the energy from the Jagers' daily fights at Mama Whatshername's. That, or an interdimensional rift that draws energy from the loss of kinetic energy as the Earth slows down spinning.

IF

It's probably some sort of absorption device that gathers all the energy from the Jagers' daily fights at Mama Whatshername's. That, or an interdimensional rift that draws energy from the loss of kinetic energy as the Earth slows down spinning.

Mouse in a wheel.

Mouse in a wheel.

It can't be a mouse. At least, not a normal mouse. It's got to be some kind of construct or something.

We'll find out in 2-3 hours.

...unless they switch to Heterodyne Radio again for two weeks. What ever happened to that weasel lady?

IF

It can't be a mouse. At least, not a normal mouse. It's got to be some kind of construct or something.

Well, I was right about the wheel and you were right about it not being a mouse. Just plain old hydroelectric power. How terribly unexotic. Not very Steam Punk either.

We'll find out in 2-3 hours....unless they switch to Heterodyne Radio again for two weeks.

Ugh.

What ever happened to that weasel lady?

I don't recall. The last thing I remember is her trying to kill that idiot in the X-Men Cyclops glasses.

Oh well.

Happy Halloween.

Happy NaNo writing.

- Thoth.

Yeah, that was somewhat anticlimactic.

Perhaps they will redeem themselves Monday.

I think I'm going to take back my implication that hydroelectric power generation isn't Steam Punk. Granted, no steam, duh. But after extensive consultation with an expert in the field (i.e., a neighbor who is a Girl Genius fan and very much into Steam Punkery) it appears that there are several examples of HPG in recognized SP manga.

I guess I'm just not as widely read as I thought I was,

- Thoth.

P.S. Sorry Calli. I know this doesn't have anything to do with you being the 2009 NaNo Queen. But threads have their way of meandering into the oddest places.

Archived