Storyist Forums

A Guide To/For NaNoWriMo

Steve E

If anyone out there is interested in a rather nice (PDF format) guide to NaNoWriMo click here.

It's called "NaNo for the New and the Insane: A guide to surviving NaNoWriMo" by Lazette Gifford.

It's 131 pages and amusing as heck, especially for a first-timer like me.

Thought you might be interested.

- Thoth

I don't outline so much as make lists and compile notes (especially on characters). Since I'm using versions of the names of forum members I get to skip over all the name-the-character agony. I have a list of about 100 points I want to hit so if I can write 500 words for each point I'm there. But I'll probably change a few names and insert some points along the way. I tend to write from the seat of my pants anyway.

As I do every year, allow me to introduce my secret productivity weapon: http://writeordie.drwicked.com/

Use it judiciously, and you will never weep over your miserable word count.

This public service announcement brought to you by

- Calli

Calli, Dr. Wicked is a sadistic bastard.

And this masochistic streak in you doesn't go with Fall colors.

I've got enough of my own demons (armed with pitchforks),

thank you very much.

- Thoth.

This event is great I've procrastinated for so long, but with only 2 days left I'm furiously putting together the outline.

Let go of your stress. Become a panster.

Too bad my blog is broken, or I'd post my progress again this year.

IF

I've been toying with the idea of putting stuff online - but I think it would just slow me down. The knowledge that someone might read it is kind of terrifying.

Oh, putting it online wouldn't get anyone to read it. :P

Actually, I shouldn't say that. When I put So, Do online for NaNo '07, I got some complaints when I stopped working on it.

IF

Oh, putting it online wouldn't get anyone to read it. :P

Actually, I shouldn't say that. When I put So, Do online for NaNo '07, I got some complaints when I stopped working on it.

Hell hath no fury like a disgruntled fanboy.

Fully gruntled,

- Thoth

Archived