Storyist Forums

Windows version

thealtruismsociety

Yes Win 7, got a faulty Macbook cant really afford a new machine to write on, $250 netbook cheaper than a $999 macbook.

Computers should be an entitlement. Especially Macs.

Sorry to hear about your faulty MacBook.

Does this mean you're dropping out of NaNoWriMo?

- Thoth.

Computers should be an entitlement. Especially Macs.

Sorry to hear about your faulty MacBook.

Does this mean you're dropping out of NaNoWriMo?

- Thoth.

]

Oh no have an iMac as well I just wanted to write on the go too. I plan to start writing in one hour and 30 minutes. :P

Yes Win 7, got a faulty Macbook cant really afford a new machine to write on, $250 netbook cheaper than a $999 macbook.

A netbook or a notebook? A netbook generally requires a commitment to a cell phone data plan, costing a lot more than a cheap notebook in the first year.

IF

A netbook or a notebook? A netbook generally requires a commitment to a cell phone data plan, costing a lot more than a cheap notebook in the first year.

IF

Netbook, only if you get it through a cell provider. Most are not sold that way.

I was thinking of getting a Dell and "Hackintoshing" it. We will see.

Cant find one but a word count down feature would be nice as well, with some kind of Growl notification that the milestone had been reached.

Click on the Inspector button in the Toolbar. Click on the rightmost tab, and you'll find the place where you can set session goals and project goals. It gives a rewarding beep (which you can customize, as I recall) when you reach your goal.

Best,

Marguerite

Click on the Inspector button in the Toolbar. Click on the rightmost tab, and you'll find the place where you can set session goals and project goals. It gives a rewarding beep (which you can customize, as I recall) when you reach your goal.

Best,

Marguerite

Yeah I found that thanks. My only suggestions would instead of a sound, have it notify via Growl.

Maybe a option that tweets or texts you saying, "WHY AREN'T YOU WRITING??!!"

Or, while we're at it, an option that prints random insults through all attached printers whenever Storyist is idle, like, "ONLY MORONS STOP WRITING!" And the text could be laid over an image of Thoth sticking his tongue out and pull his ears to the side like a monkey.

I was waiting for this request :-)

Easy to add. Will be there in 2.2.

Any cool way to include custom sounds in Storyist that doesn't involve Growl? This doesn't affect the majority of users I'm sure, but Growl notoriously doesn't play nice with audio software. One of the first bits of troubleshooting for Mac digital audio workstations is to remove all Growl-related extensions...

Thanks,

Orren

Hi Orren,

Any cool way to include custom sounds in Storyist that doesn't involve Growl?

Not at the moment. You can choose from the list of built-in sounds, but you can't specify a sound of your own. Is this on your wish list?

This doesn't affect the majority of users I'm sure, but Growl notoriously doesn't play nice with audio software. One of the first bits of troubleshooting for Mac digital audio workstations is to remove all Growl-related extensions...

Thanks,

Orren

Good tip. Do you have a FAQ we could link to from the forums?

-Steve

You can choose from the list of built-in sounds, but you can't specify a sound of your own. Is this on your wish list?

Well, I was not so much asking for a custom sound engine, but rather throwing in a comment about growl, so if that custom sound facilities are added, they might be added in a way that works for all. But in general, custom sounds are way down on my personal priority list. :lol: I'd rather see the other items I've mentioned in Storyist feature request threads (printing options, assign items to split panes, voice notes) first.

Good tip. Do you have a FAQ we could link to from the forums?

Unfortunately, no. That's just one of those troubleshooting things that comes up on audio forums. People report trouble, someone asks "Do you have growl installed? De-install it and see what happens" and often the original poster comes back saying "hey, that did it!" but no FAQ that I know of.

Take care,

Orren

• 1 month later...
I was waiting for this request :-)

Easy to add. Will be there in 2.2.

-Steve

I added this to 2.1.4. You can now receive a Growl notification when you reach a milestone. Like the other notifications, you can turn this off in the Growl preference pane.

-Steve

Archived