Storyist Forums

Why is this IPB button always lit?

Steve E

Just to clarify a bit more:

1. When I log into the Storyist Forum site some of the square blue forum buttons are lit (dark blue) and some are not (they remain light blue). The General Topics forum button is always lit (for the last month or so).

2. I read all the new posts.

3. I return to the top of the forum to see that all the previously lit (dark blue) buttons are now unlit (they are now light blue). all except the General Topics forum button which remains lit (dark blue).

The fact that Marguerite is getting a more randomized response from the buttons is baffling. Perhaps we should collect more responses from other forum users. Anybody?

-Thoth.

BTW: I still suspect demons. System demons! Bwahaha!

How I save the universe from the dreaded blue button conspiracy.

by Thoth.

It was a dark and stormy night, a little after 1:00 AM EST. Intrepid character that I am I fearlessly sign-in to the Storyist forum and immediately notice the insidious blue button, still insidiously lit an insidious dark blue while all the other better-behaved buttons chromatomorphed into a peacefully inoffensive light blue. (Insert something from Poe's The Raven.) Faced with this arrogant challenger I must admit I contemplated my doom. Then, just as all hoped seemed lost, a shaft of purest sunlight (difficult to come by at night, surely indicating the presence of the divine) illuminated the "Mark All Posts As Read" command just below the last forum listing. I selected it...and lo, the dreaded dark blue button transformed into a saintly light blue.

Fearing demonic illusion I immediately sign out and then sign back in. And what to my wondering eyes do appear, but a light blue General Topics button (and eight tiny reindeer). And thusly was the universe saved. (Insert heroic musical theme from Star Wars.)

The End?

Count the clichés and win a prize.

-Thoth.

Just to clarify a bit more:

1. When I log into the Storyist Forum site some of the square blue forum buttons are lit (dark blue) and some are not (they remain light blue). The General Topics forum button is always lit (for the last month or so).

2. I read all the new posts.

3. I return to the top of the forum to see that all the previously lit (dark blue) buttons are now unlit (they are now light blue). all except the General Topics forum button which remains lit (dark blue).

The fact that Marguerite is getting a more randomized response from the buttons is baffling. Perhaps we should collect more responses from other forum users. Anybody?

-Thoth.

After prompting by Steve, I did succeed in turning off most of the randomized buttons by clicking on each topic in turn and/or hunting through to find the one or two posts I'd missed (usually because they'd been copied from the beta area, so I didn't read them twice). Why the unread posts didn't show up as unread posts when I clicked the "View New Posts" link at the top right corner of the page, I can't tell.

The two buttons that didn't respond to the topic click method were Community/General Topics and Storyist/Feature Requests. I had to turn those off manually through the "Forum Options" button. And, perhaps coincidentally, those were the two that became linked when Steve moved the Storyist Price thread.

All the buttons are light blue now, however.

M

All the buttons are light blue now, however.

Greetings Marguerite,

The divine revelation of the "Mark All Posts As Read" command seems to have fixed everything. Today, the buttons are behaving exactly as they should, and did prior to the first appearance of the dreaded dark blue button*.

Keeping my toes crossed,

-Thoth.

*Character for Star Wars VII: Darth Button. Lucus can send the check to my PayPal account.

Delete it? With all this wonderful "color"? :huh:

Color. Blue button. I get it. Ouch.

I guess it's just a trick for me.

I'll have to find my treats where I can get 'em.

A symphony of red and black

NaNo NaNo (WriMo - Shades of Mork!)

-Thoth.

I guess it's just a trick for me.

And a treat for me! Happy Halloween.

How are you celebrating? I'm heading out on with my son in a little while. He is going as Mario; Me, a wizard. Then it's off (in costume) to the first NaNoWriMo write-in. First words at the stroke of midnight--probably the only time this month I'll be ahead on my word count.

-Steve

And a treat for me! Happy Halloween.

How are you celebrating? I'm heading out on with my son in a little while. He is going as Mario; Me, a wizard. Then it's off (in costume) to the first NaNoWriMo write-in. First words at the stroke of midnight--probably the only time this month I'll be ahead on my word count.

-Steve

Celebrating? Answering the door for kids. Then it's off to a midnight Samhain Night party (our host is Irish but seems to consider herself a Celt). I'm going as a pirate. (Don't ask. Please god, don't ask.) We start at about eleven EST and the clothes ...er... masks (yeah, masks) come off at the twelfth stroke of midnight. Yep. Some people still have standing clocks that chime. Then the party moves outside and we ...um... eat candy and stuff. We party until dawn and those who survive get a very special prize from our host.

Enjoy the NaNoWriMo write-in. Sounds like fun.

Still completely sober.

-Thoth.

Archived