Storyist Forums

Happy Holidays

Steve E

No snow in NYC yet but a Winter advisory is in effect.

So: A Merry Christmas; A Happy Hanukkah; A Festive Al Hijra; A Joyous Kwanzaa; A Celebratory Saturnalia; A Cunning Regifting Day.

Did I leave anyone out?

Thank you, Thoth. What a great picture! It quite makes up for the arctic blasts outside.

Somehow I thought someone else would step up to the plate and express his/her gratitude. Silly me. :)

Season's greetings to Storyists of every persuasion. May the snow fall only after you have ensured yourself of hot cocoa, a pleasing companion, a roaring fire, sufficient Christmas cookies, and, of course, Internet access. :)

Feeling very virtuous after mailing the last of my holiday cards and fixing three whole sections of The Golden Lynx,

Marguerite

Thank you, Thoth. What a great picture! It quite makes up for the arctic blasts outside.

You're very welcome. It's rather arctic in my neck of the woods as well but no sign of snow, just freezing rain. (Hence the picture.)

Somehow I thought someone else would step up to the plate and express his/her gratitude. Silly me. :)

Someone else? Who? I'm clearly the only one on the forum who knows how to post a picture. :) (Challenge!)

Season's greetings to Storyists of every persuasion. May the snow fall only after you have ensured yourself of hot cocoa, a pleasing companion, a roaring fire, sufficient Christmas cookies, and, of course, Internet access. :D

Steve bless us, every one. (Stocking up on cookies, cocoa and companions. Thanks for reminding me.)

Feeling very virtuous after mailing the last of my holiday cards and fixing three whole sections of The Golden Lynx,

You go girl!

Happy Holidogs.

- Thoth.

Happy Holidays to all of you! So far, the wifey and I have been enjoying our Chanukah. Latkes for everyone! :)

There's no pictures of snow here in Southern California, nothing particularly to show here at the condo complex which I live, here in a concrete jungle. (although not as concrete jungle like as The Bronx, I'm sure). It's been cold and wet but the Weather out here, even when unseasonably chilly, is bearable, so I'll not complain.

I hope everyone here has a wonderful end-of-year, whether they celebrate anything in particular or not. :)

Take care,

Orren

There's no pictures of snow here in Southern California, nothing particularly to show here at the condo complex which I live, here in a concrete jungle. (although not as concrete jungle like as The Bronx, I'm sure).

You're thinking of the South Bronx. Here in the North Bronx (sometimes called the East Bronx) there are many square miles (yes, miles) of parks. As for my own neighborhood:

Co-op_City_Hutch_River.jpg

Always pleased to educate.

"Live and be we well."

- Thoth.

It's still an interesting picture. Nicely rustic. (Hmm. An outdoor freezer. Functional? Outdoor storage? Waiting for the trash collector?)

Every picture is worth a thousand words, mostly in the form of questions.

- Thoth.

BTW: Snow on the ground in Da Glorious Bronx and more is expected Sunday. Tomorrow I'm going out to supervise the construction of a snow elf (it's not a whole lot of snow) and retire for some well earned hot cocoa and cookies all around. :)

Archived