Storyist Forums

My New Blog

http://philhansonsquare.squarespace.com/

This link will be just http://www.philhanson.com within 24 hours.

Ah now that I have a job I can afford Squarespace.

I still need to import my old posts.

This is v1.0 using my platform of choice.

v2.0 will be when I pay to have a site designed.

Hi Phil/TAS:

Questions and kudos.

First, the Kudos: congrats on the new site, but more importantly the kudos:

Ah now that I have a job I can afford Squarespace.

Congrats on the new job!! :) That's an accomplishment--this is a very rough economy, finding anything is tough. Last year the publisher I work for had a massive layoff and fired 3 of the coordinators in our division--they're still out of work. :lol: What is the gig, if I may ask?

And the questions: what do you like about Squarespace? How do you feel it stands above other hosts? What does it allow you to do for yourself, what doesn't it do?

Thanks,

Orren

Hi Phil/TAS:

Questions and kudos.

First, the Kudos: congrats on the new site, but more importantly the kudos:

Congrats on the new job!! :) That's an accomplishment--this is a very rough economy, finding anything is tough. Last year the publisher I work for had a massive layoff and fired 3 of the coordinators in our division--they're still out of work. :lol: What is the gig, if I may ask?

And the questions: what do you like about Squarespace? How do you feel it stands above other hosts? What does it allow you to do for yourself, what doesn't it do?

Thanks,

Orren

I work at Comcast, a Digital Cable/Voice/Internet provider up and down the East Coast. Very big company.

For one thing their web based interface is just amazing. It's just so easy to blog. No configuration worries, hassles, etc.

Their hosting comes with the blog platform so it's just one cost.

There are a ton of management tools built in like referrals, traffic, popular pages, etc. Won't need it now but later it will come in handy.

Here's a tour.

http://www.squarespace.com/tour/

There's also a 14 day free trial.

I work at Comcast, a Digital Cable/Voice/Internet provider up and down the East Coast. Very big company.

I'm fairly familiar with Comcast. They're out here too—we had them for a very short while, but they never really had a chance to develop the service. At one point, the area I live in (Santa Ana, CA) was serviced by a cable company named Adelphia. They completely sucked. Then Comcast bought them out, and we were under Comcast. They sucked less, but it was still using the old cable lines, we didn't have access to the full Comcast channel line up only the limited Adelphia lineup, etc. Then Time Warner bought it from Comcast, and they sucked worse than Comcast, but not as badly as Adelphia. As soon as AT&T U-Verse came into our area, we dumped Time Warner and grabbed it for TV/Voice/Internet. We're very happy with U-Verse.

Here's a tour.

http://www.squarespace.com/tour/

There's also a 14 day free trial.

Thanks! That does look like a lot of good stuff!

Orren

I'm fairly familiar with Comcast. They're out here too—we had them for a very short while, but they never really had a chance to develop the service. At one point, the area I live in (Santa Ana, CA) was serviced by a cable company named Adelphia. They completely sucked. Then Comcast bought them out, and we were under Comcast. They sucked less, but it was still using the old cable lines, we didn't have access to the full Comcast channel line up only the limited Adelphia lineup, etc. Then Time Warner bought it from Comcast, and they sucked worse than Comcast, but not as badly as Adelphia. As soon as AT&T U-Verse came into our area, we dumped Time Warner and grabbed it for TV/Voice/Internet. We're very happy with U-Verse.

Thanks! That does look like a lot of good stuff!

Orren

I would check out the trial, the platform really is awesome.

Archived