Storyist Forums

Step 1 of online domination complete

thealtruismsociety

I did the same as well... I'm terrible with updating things though, but t least I've realized how terrible at it I am!

A word of warning though, be careful with signing up for youtube if you do though. once you get the user name you want, it will never be available again, AND if you make an account that's linked with a gmail account (which is how they do it) there is no way to unlink it, so if you accidentally link your carefully chosen username to a personal gmail or some such thing you can't ever undo it... this is what I'm face with. You also can't have youtube emails go anywhere other than that email address.... it's really annoying

I did the same as well... I'm terrible with updating things though, but t least I've realized how terrible at it I am!

A word of warning though, be careful with signing up for youtube if you do though. once you get the user name you want, it will never be available again, AND if you make an account that's linked with a gmail account (which is how they do it) there is no way to unlink it, so if you accidentally link your carefully chosen username to a personal gmail or some such thing you can't ever undo it... this is what I'm face with. You also can't have youtube emails go anywhere other than that email address.... it's really annoying

Thanks but yeah I made a NEW gmail account and a NEW YouTube but yeah, that must suck hehe.

We must cross link Julia! In the future, none of these are gonna be worked on till I get my site designed so I can spread a unified look as much as possible.

I too have a separate account, but what happened to me, was that apparently gmail reserved juliagracearts@gmail.com for me when I registered for a blogger account with julia@juliagracearts.com. I didn't realize this when I tried to register juliagracearts for gmail.. and no one told me, so I made some other juliagracearts gmail address and then made the youtube account, which also didn't notify me that I wouldn't ever be able to change the email it used... soooo I'm pretty much screwed now....

Also, have you ever heard of the Flock browser? it's a social media integration browser, and I use it for my biz accounts, so I'm not constantly logging in and logging out.

I too have a separate account, but what happened to me, was that apparently gmail reserved juliagracearts@gmail.com for me when I registered for a blogger account with julia@juliagracearts.com. I didn't realize this when I tried to register juliagracearts for gmail.. and no one told me, so I made some other juliagracearts gmail address and then made the youtube account, which also didn't notify me that I wouldn't ever be able to change the email it used... soooo I'm pretty much screwed now....

Also, have you ever heard of the Flock browser? it's a social media integration browser, and I use it for my biz accounts, so I'm not constantly logging in and logging out.

Yeah don't really like it much, I just have all the links in delicious.

I believe that you can email Google (an engineering address) and they actually can change it for you. It's tucked away somewhere in their support pages, you'll have to hunt for it. One of my music artist acquaintances had Google unlink a gmail from a YouTube account and it took a few emails he had to dig for but they can do it if you can figure out who to ask.

Sorry that's so general (I've not done it myself) but there is hope! :P

Orren

I believe that you can email Google (an engineering address) and they actually can change it for you. It's tucked away somewhere in their support pages, you'll have to hunt for it. One of my music artist acquaintances had Google unlink a gmail from a YouTube account and it took a few emails he had to dig for but they can do it if you can figure out who to ask.

Sorry that's so general (I've not done it myself) but there is hope! :P

Orren

If you had the time to help find it I wouldn't say no. I've hunted and hunted and posted on the help forums, tons of people have this problem and no one wants to help us. :P

- J

If you had the time to help find it I wouldn't say no. I've hunted and hunted and posted on the help forums, tons of people have this problem and no one wants to help us. :P

Here's your chance to be a hero, Orren.

Joolie-Gee needs you.

- T

• 2 weeks later...
My writing has been back burnered a bit while I'm doing this anti SB 1070 song. Sigh, music always seems to drag me back in.

I went over the official fact sheet for SB 1070 and noticed nothing about restricting the movements of Evil Alien Overlords or Evil Alien Overladies. So what's there to sing about?

(Use officious accent of your choosing.)

"WHY are your PAPERS in order?"

- Thoth

Archived