Storyist Forums

Leopard Issues

Steve

Hi Folks,

There are a couple of issues with Storyist 1.3.2 on Leopard that you should know about. These do not affect Storyist running on Tiger.

• Clicking on a section sheet in the Project pane can cause Storyist to crash in certain circumstances. This is due to a bug in Leopard. A work-around is in testing and should be available tomorrow. If you want to help test it, you can find it here.
  • Deleting a section title in the section sheet after the "Word Count" field has been added to "Section Details" can cause Storyist to crash in certain circumstances. This is a bug in Storyist that does not appear to manifest itself on Tiger. A fix will be available for testing shortly. As a work-around, remove the "Word Count" field from "Section Details" by clicking on the label and selecting "Remove Field" from the popup menu that appears.
  • The Storyist crash report can sometimes fail with the message "Could not load log file". I'm currently looking into this.

Thanks to Ayki for the reproducible cases. If you discover other issues with Leopard, please let me know, either by posting them here or sending email to support. The email comes to me and you'll get back a link so you can track the progress of your ticket. You can find the support email address here.

-Steve

[*]Clicking on a section sheet in the Project pane can cause Storyist to crash in certain circumstances. This is due to a bug in Leopard. A work-around is in testing and should be available tomorrow. If you want to help test it, you can find it here.

Thanks for getting a new build out so fast. Just tried it, and there's a new problem. This does fix the problem I had where the edit field for a section title was only 1 or 2 pixels wide, but now when my mouse goes over a chapter title, the title disappears/reappears as the mouse moves over it. Sometime when the mouse moves off the title, it is invisible, sometimes it's visible.

PPC, Leopard, Storyist 1.3.2+.

IF

Okay, I just switched back to Storyist after doing a bunch of stuff in other windows in other spaces, and now the chapter titles no longer disappear. Wouldn't want it to be easy to reproduce or anything... :)

IF

Now I'm back to my original problem. The chapters no longer disappear, but when I click on a section title in the outline, the edit box is only about a pixel wide. If I manage to hit my writing quota tonight, I'll try to pin down the behavior (but it's not looking good).

IF

... when I click on a section title in the outline, the edit box is only about a pixel wide.

I am able to reproduce this on a PPC G4 (but not on Intel) so I should be able to find a fix or a work-around. Thanks Isaac.

-Steve

Archived