Storyist Forums

Happy Autumnal Equinox

Steve E

• 1 month later...
You can totally balance eggs any time of the year. =)

Ah, but if you had balanced one on an Equinox the Roman goddess Nox (Nyx to the Greeks) would have granted you your most secret heart's desire in a dream. Why? I don't know. Who can figure out goddesses?

Back to work.

-Thoth

Psh... what good is a dream?

"What good is a dream? What good is a newborn babe? Both are potential, one awaiting the other." - Paul Linebarger.

"From dreams the seeds of pale reality come// sown in earth, nourished by sun, moon, laughter, tears// to grow and inspire fresh dreams of a new reality." - Paul Linebarger.

"Give me back my sandwich!" - Paul Linebarger.

Paul Linebarger, what a guy.

- Thoth

I like his writing.. I may have to look him up. Though, I'm biased against dreams because I've never had a sweet one and most could be considered nightmares or at least things that no one would ever wish to inspire reality. <_<

I suppose I could always become a horror or crime novelist.... the next "Stephanie" King... :lol:

How about you? Ever dream up a plot for a story or anything useful?

- Jules

I like his writing.. I may have to look him up.

Click here. (Strangely, Paul Linebarger first made a name for himself in PsyOps. His fiction is written under various pseudonyms. Click back there.)

Though, I'm biased against dreams because I've never had a sweet one and most could be considered nightmares or at least things that no one would ever wish to inspire reality. <_<

For Heaven's sake, stop sleeping with your snakes!

I suppose I could always become a horror or crime novelist.... the next "Stephanie" King... :lol:

Hmm. Maybe you're onto something. Perhaps I'll sleep with a garter snake under my pillow tonight.

How about you? Ever dream up a plot for a story or anything useful?

Most of my dreams are about flying. I usually don't write about that. ("What happens to a dream deferred?//Does it dry up//

Like a raisin in the sun?" - Langston Hughes) But I do have some of my best plot ideas just as I'm nodding off.

This might be a good topic idea.

What inspires you?

- Thoth

For Heaven's sake, stop sleeping with your snakes!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA <_< No, I don't think the snakes would appreciate being snuggled and rolled on. The cats however generally sleep on the foot of the bed and one occasionally sleeps by my head, on top of me, or under the covers.

It very well might be a good topic. Shall we make a new thread for it?

- Jools

Archived