Storyist Forums

Milestones.

Steve E

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you know that this isn't my job, and I'm just very bad at it?

Touché, sir.

I hate it when that happens.

Your empathy is a comfort,

-Thoth.

P.S. Can any of our comments possibly be interpreted as milestones? My imagination fails me.

Your empathy is a comfort,

Well, I'm an empathetic type of guy. Or maybe that was psychopathic. I always get the two confused.

P.S. Can any of our comments possibly be interpreted as milestones? My imagination fails me.

It is possible that we have achieved the longest and fastest running string of increasingly profound observations. I'll have to consult the Guide.

Profound Observations: Since it has been established that life does not exist, there can be no profound observations. That said, with the number of people roaming the universe, the probability of coming up with a truly profound observation that has not already been profoundly observed is somewhere between the probability of surviving an encounter with a Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Thraal and the probability of your soul surviving an encounter with the infamous Total Perspective Vortex of Frogstar World B.

Damn.

IF

Congratulations on the first 5 page topic.

Isaac, you're a genius!

Of course our profundities were appropriate to the Milestones thread since they contributed to the one and only Milestones milestone - the first 5-page thread. I bow to you (over my keyboard) in awe and respect.

Humbled,

Thoth.

Isaac, you're a genius!

Of course our profundities were appropriate to the Milestones thread since they contributed to the one and only Milestones milestone - the first 5-page thread. I bow to you (over my keyboard) in awe and respect.

Humbled,

Thoth.

Was that not their purpose? And here I was crediting you guys with a nefarious plan to expand the "Milestones" thread by any means available.

Or as they put it in Lqtl", wqtjo "tl'Pmnytl" brmnvxqdsw.

You do all speak Lqtl", right? :D

M

Was that not their purpose? And here I was crediting you guys with a nefarious plan to expand the "Milestones" thread by any means available.

Nope. I'm not that bright...or nefarious.

Or as they put it in Lqtl", wqtjo "tl'Pmnytl" brmnvxqdsw.

Brmnvxqdsw! Dems fightin' words, Emsa.

You do all speak Lqtl", right? :D

I can't speak for Isaac but it makes my tongue cramp up painfully.

"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"

(Marguerite! Thoth barada nikto!)

-Thoth.

I am sad that no one commented on my most excellent guide entry. *sob* *sob*

Don't be sad bunny beagle. And Don't Panic. I dare say that many of us on the forum are familiar enough with the HHGTTG to simply nod our heads sagely (whether we have one head or two) and move on in respectful silence.

Sagely,

-Thoth.

BTW: Towel Day, a tribute to the late author Douglas Adams, is May 25. Just enough time to select a proper towel and practice pointing your thumb to the heavens.

Don't be sad bunny beagle. And Don't Panic. I dare say that many of us on the forum are familiar enough with the HHGTTG to simply nod our heads sagely (whether we have one head or two) and move on in respectful silence.

Sagely,

-Thoth.

BTW: Towel Day, a tribute to the late author Douglas Adams, is May 25. Just enough time to select a proper towel and practice pointing your thumb to the heavens.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

The Forum Now Averages

20 Posts Per Patron (20 P/P)*

That's exactly 1800 posts divided by our 90 (yes, 90) members. Of course most of you haven't said anything at all. Shy? No need to be. We're all friends here.

Friendly,

-Thoth.

Congratulations

Isaac

On Your 200th Post

(Sage Comments All)

Thank you! Thank you everybody for your well wishes and candy. I couldn't have done it with out all of you. It's been a long road to get here, but we've still got a long road ahead of us.

Or as the great oracle of speak would say: The ball is in our court, we need to improve our denominator as well as our numerator - with an emphasis on the denominator - and determine the right amount of effort with respect to the solution domain.

Well wishes,

IF

Congratulations, Me, on my 600th post!

I am now going to print them, box them and send them to my publisher as the next great coffee table book.

Wish me luck.

Congratulations and many pats on back!

Don't forget about all us little people when you're on the lecture circuit talking about your success.

IF

Archived