Storyist Forums

Milestones.

Steve E

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this counts as a milestone, but I don't have to pay for any tuition next Semester!... (just one semester, I wish I didn't have to pay for the year though...)

I don't know if this counts as a milestone, but I don't have to pay for any tuition next Semester!... (just one semester, I wish I didn't have to pay for the year though...)

It certainly sounds like a huge relief. And the beginning of a new semester is a milestone, don't you think?

Congratulations,

Marguerite

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations

Calli

on your

300th

Okay, it was a one-word post but brevity is the soul of wit (they keep telling me) and I assume you're busy with editing your first draft and endearing yourself to the beasts and birds and other denizens of the Shire of New Hamp (or is that the Pshire of New Ham?). Anyway, good luck with all that.

-Thoth.

Ah carp!

That was my 300th post? Shoot. I'll have to save something meaningful for #400. :P

And Thoth passes 1,300 posts! Three cheers for him!

:angry::blink::lol:

Okay, so they're not cheers, exactly, but the closest I could manage. Here is a "so very cool" emoticon to round out the applause. :mellow:

I am reliably informed that the forum forbids more than 10 emoticons per post, so I will quit now, keeping my other six in reserve. :blink: (Five, now.)

Best,

Marguerite

Thank you, Marguerite. And Calli, I await your 400th with hope and glee since I expect it to be about your triumphant rise to the bestsellers list.

Speaking of posts; the Forum itself is rapidly approaching 4000 posts. We hit 3000 back in August, 2008, where I predicted 4000 by the end of the year. I guess I was premature. But surely we'll hit that by the end of February.

Don't call me Shirley,

-Thoth.

Congratulations

Storyists

on

Not surprisingly, this comes during the shake-out of a Beta. But your's truly predicted, back in August '08 when we hit 3000, that 4000 would be reached by the end of December '08. I was 6 weeks off. Drat! Anyone care to opine when we'll hit 5000?

-Thoth.

I have dibs on May 3 at about 3:47 PM EST.

I'm predict a slowdown in posts (since I'm going away for vacation). So I pick July 4th at 10 PM EST, give or take an hour.

Whoever comes closest without going over wins a cake, or at least a pretty picture of one.

Bon appétit,

-Thoth.

:huh: ?

Want to explain the connection for the rest of us whose befuddled eyes are still scale-covered?

Curious,

M

M, it's so obvious, I'm surprised at you. Constantine III (born on May 3rd) was betrothed to his cousin, Gregoria. He and the Empress Consort had a daughter named Manyanh who later married the last Sassanid King of Persia, Yazdgerd III. You see where I'm going with this? Yazdgerd III was the twenty-ninth and last king of the Sassanid dynasty of Iran. The US is building military bases in Iraq in anticipation of a conflict with Iran. The smallest of these bases will be the massive new Embassy in Baghdad with a military attachment of 5000 soldiers. And in the American military, another name for a military base is a post. May 3rd - 5000 posts! It's so obvious!

Wait. I'm sensing some residual befuddlement.

-Thoth.

M, it's so obvious, I'm surprised at you. Constantine III (born on May 3rd) was betrothed to his cousin, Gregoria. He and the Empress Consort had a daughter named Manyanh who later married the last Sassanid King of Persia, Yazdgerd III. You see where I'm going with this? Yazdgerd III was the twenty-ninth and last king of the Sassanid dynasty of Iran. The US is building military bases in Iraq in anticipation of a conflict with Iran. The smallest of these bases will be the massive new Embassy in Baghdad with a military attachment of 5000 soldiers. And in the American military, another name for a military base is a post. May 3rd - 5000 posts! It's so obvious!

I enjoy watching you work.

IF

Wait. I'm sensing some residual befuddlement.

-Thoth.

Oh, OF COURSE! (smacks forehead, causing self to reel away from the screen, then struggles back to keyboard to continue). Now that you explain it, it's all so clear! How could I have missed that?!

Blame the 32 single-spaced pages on post-Soviet Russian dystopias in which I have been wallowing for far, far too long....

Don't know where my head was at. :huh:

M

Oh, OF COURSE! (smacks forehead, causing self to reel away from the screen, then struggles back to keyboard to continue). Now that you explain it, it's all so clear! How could I have missed that?! Blame the 32 single-spaced pages on post-Soviet Russian dystopias through which I have been wallowing for far, far too long....

Don't know where my head was at. :huh:

I think you owe Thoth an EAOmuffin.

IF

You are so right. One EAO muffin for each of you. Consider it hurled.

Consider it caught, Lady M. Mmmm. Tasty.

Blame the 32 single-spaced pages on post-Soviet Russian dystopias in which I have been wallowing for far, far too long....

My condolences to you. I too have engaged in post-Soviet Russian dystopian wallowing. ***Shudder***

-Thoth.

In all this dystopian wallowing and worrying about the Emperor Constantine, Isaac snuck by 500 posts without a soul (or a Storyist) noticing, so I am using my 700th post to say

Congratulations, Isaac, on your soon to be 520th post!

And an extra overmuffin to ya, :huh:

Best,

Marguerite

Archived