Storyist Forums

Finished First Draft - First Novel - With Storyist

TexasRunner

Just wanted to mention that a couple of weeks ago I finished the first draft of my first novel - using Storyist. I'm currently involved in the first rewrite. This past weekend, just for fun, I exported it using ePub, adding a cover my husband designed, and imported it to my iBook Library. My novel [working title "Shattered Dreams"] is now sitting right next to the Big Boys & Girls - Tom Clancy, David Baldacci, Clive Cussler, Vince Flyn and Janet Evanovich - on my iBook shelf. Cool!

Having it in a professional format like ePub gives you an entirely new perspective of your work so that you can evaluate it as a Reader.

Still have much to learn about using Storyist, but I will be using it for my next novel as well.

Many thanks for any excellent product, and many thanks to Steve and the Forum Posters!

-TR

Just wanted to mention that a couple of weeks ago I finished the first draft of my first novel - using Storyist. I'm currently involved in the first rewrite. This past weekend, just for fun, I exported it using ePub, adding a cover my husband designed, and imported it to my iBook Library. My novel [working title "Shattered Dreams"] is now sitting right next to the Big Boys & Girls - Tom Clancy, David Baldacci, Clive Cussler, Vince Flyn and Janet Evanovich - on my iBook shelf. Cool!

Congratulations, TR.

May the future bring you many more cool experiences with Storyist.

Happy New Year

- Thoth

Having it in a professional format like ePub gives you an entirely new perspective of your work so that you can evaluate it as a Reader.

Still have much to learn about using Storyist, but I will be using it for my next novel as well.

Many thanks for any excellent product, and many thanks to Steve and the Forum Posters!

-TR

Congratulations, TR. The first novel is often the hardest. I'm sure you don't need this advice, but edit the heck out of that thing. It's tough enough to write a book, and tougher still to get published. Don't give up.

I'm thrilled that Storyist worked so well for you. It's nice to see novels being composed with this application.

Best,

BT

-TR

Yes, major congratulations: a huge milestone.

That ePub/iBooks thing is the bomb, isn't it? I love having my titles, even the ones that need massive editing, sitting right there alongside books I've purchased. Makes me feel as if one day the books will be there on other people's bookshelves, too! :)

Hope you're celebrating. I love the editing/rewriting; it's so much easier than writing. But seeing those words "THE END" on the page is worth the angst.

Best,

M

Yes, major congratulations: a huge milestone.

That ePub/iBooks thing is the bomb, isn't it? I love having my titles, even the ones that need massive editing, sitting right there alongside books I've purchased. Makes me feel as if one day the books will be there on other people's bookshelves, too! :lol:

Hope you're celebrating. I love the editing/rewriting; it's so much easier than writing. But seeing those words "THE END" on the page is worth the angst.

Best,

M

I dont know, for me rewriting is harder than writing. When I write the first draft I let anything come to mind on paper. When I rewrite I have to start justifying whats there.

-TR

Hi TR,

Happy New Year. Let me belatedly add my congrats as well! Hope 2011 brings a killer rewrite and a sale. :lol:

-Steve

Congratulations from me as well!

I agree with M, rewriting comes easier to me, because I'm not "inventing" the majority of the source material, it's already there, and only adding/removing/changing it.

My one piece of advice is not to rewrite/revise/edit forever. It's very easy to write the first draft of something, then decide "it still needs work" for the next decade. The hardest thing to do is accept that nothing that we write will ever be "perfect" no matter how many times we rewrite it, and that even though we most likely can continue to improve it for twenty years, at some point, it really is "good enough" and we can let out into the wild. :)

Take care,

Orren

• 2 months later...

Archived