Storyist Forums

Kindle HTML File Path

snackbarfilms

I really don't like to dabble around in coding things anymore than I absolutely have to, but I'm having a little trouble adding images to a Kindle Book generated with Storyist. I've exported the book to html files and added my images. They seem to be showing up fine in an html editor. Now I'm trying to figure out the file path to get KindleGen to create my .mobi file. If the files are in a folder on my desktop called "book", what would the correct file path be? Just pointing Kindlegen to that folder does not seem to work. Am I supposed to be pointing toward one of the files inside that folder? Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I really don't like to dabble around in coding things anymore than I absolutely have to, but I'm having a little trouble adding images to a Kindle Book generated with Storyist. I've exported the book to html files and added my images. They seem to be showing up fine in an html editor. Now I'm trying to figure out the file path to get KindleGen to create my .mobi file. If the files are in a folder on my desktop called "book", what would the correct file path be? Just pointing Kindlegen to that folder does not seem to work. Am I supposed to be pointing toward one of the files inside that folder? Any help would be appreciated.

If you can see the images in a web browser, you're most of the way there. Two things to check:

1) Are the images in a format that Kindle supports? Kindle supports GIF, BMP, JPEG, PNG.

2) Are they placed in a subdirectory of the project directory? If not, just create a folder named "images" in the same directory as the css folder. That way, your image tags look something like myimage.png

BTW, if you don't want to mess with HTML, you can also just drag the images to the right location in your Storyist manuscript and Storyist will include them in the exported ebook for you.

-Steve

Archived