Storyist Forums

Forums login

codemer

Is there a way to stay logged into the forums? I can't even get the auto population of my user name to stick because some javascript overwrites the field with "user name". I'm experiencing the problem on both my mac and my kubuntu box in FireFox.

Thanks,

IF

What browser do you use?

IF

I don't officially log out (that is, I don't click on the link that says "Log Out"), so whenever I return to the Forums, I just click the refresh button to make Safari (3, now, but it worked in 2 as well) go find the new posts.

The Forums software remembers the time of my last visit, but if you look down at the list of people present and it says that I'm here, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm here and paying attention (well, that could be true even if I were in the middle of typing). ;)

Thanks, Thoth, for the milestone acknowledgment. 1 down and 99 to go before I reach my next target!

Guess I have a lot of excessive chattering to do. :D

Marguerite

I don't officially log out (that is, I don't click on the link that says "Log Out"), so whenever I return to the Forums, I just click the refresh button to make Safari (3, now, but it worked in 2 as well) go find the new posts.

The Forums software remembers the time of my last visit, but if you look down at the list of people present and it says that I'm here, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm here and paying attention (well, that could be true even if I were in the middle of typing). ;)

Sounds like maybe it works with Safari, but not Firefox. How annoying.

Ah, well. Thanks for the info.

IF

I use Firefox as well, so I think you're right. Sorry!

- Calli

I swear I've had problems with Firefox in the past, but I just logged in, answered yes to the "Remember" dialog, quit, logged in again, and was automatically logged in. Perhaps some time in the past you answered "Never" to the prompt?

I don't have problems with Safari.

-Steve

I swear I've had problems with Firefox in the past, but I just logged in, answered yes to the "Remember" dialog, quit, logged in again, and was automatically logged in. Perhaps some time in the past you answered "Never" to the prompt?

I don't have problems with Safari.

-Steve

I just logged out, went to the login page, the remember me was already checked, logged in, closed the page, clicked my bookmark, and was logged out again.

IF

• 3 months later...

I may have figured out what's going on here. If I go to forums.storyist.com, I have to log in every time. If I go to storyist.invisionzone.com, it remembers my login session. I guess there's a domain specific cookie that's not getting passed around.

IF

Archived