Storyist Forums

The Asp and I

marguerite

So Liz Taylor, the immortal Cleopatra, dies; a female Egyptian cobra escapes;* Julia Grace (Snake Woman extraordinaire) stops frequenting the forums; and @BronxZooCobra becomes a Twitter star. Connection, anyone? :lol:

I'm just sayin',

M

*Cobra recovered as of Thursday afternoon, March 31, 2011. Nothing posted on Twitter since her "arrest." Or so I hear.

Thoth, are you not a resident of da glorious Bronx, O Lord of Magic, etc.? What's your take on these questions?

If I may be so bold as to point out the obvious...

So Liz Taylor, the immortal Cleopatra, dies; a female Egyptian cobra escapes;...

Retroactive reincarnation (it's a thing, your consciousness emerges into an adult animal) put Liz into the cobra.

Julia Grace (Snake Woman extraordinaire) stops frequenting the forums;...

Liz uses her ophidian telepathy to contact her cohort Julie Gracessssss to come to the, excuse me, da glorious Bronx and assist in her escape.

...and @BronxZooCobra becomes a Twitter star.

But of course. With Taylor's charisma, how could it not.

Cobra recovered as of Thursday afternoon, March 31, 2011. Nothing posted on Twitter since her "arrest." Or so I hear.

It's a ruse, a ploy, a stratagem, a tactic, a scheme, a trick, a gambit, a cunning plan, an artful dodge, a subterfuge, a machination, a wile. (Wait, while I turn the page on my thesaurus.) A non-charismatic cobra had to be substituted so Liz could make her escape. Liz was last seen at the JFK purchase desk disguised as a very tall, very thin woman buying tickets for Hollywood by way of Egypt. She was in the company of a rakish mongoose who went by the name of Richard Burton.

It's all so obvious, really.

- Thoth.

Brilliant, Holmes, brilliant! :lol: No wonder you're the Lord of all that stuff (or is it the Egyptian/Bronx connection working overtime?).

I buy it, like totally. (Happy April Fool's Day, everyone!)

Humbled,

M

Happy April Fool's Day, Watson.

Whether sidekicking or conquering Jeopardy, you are a force to be reckoned with.

I doff my deerstalker to you.

-Thoth

<.< >.>

It's supposed to be a secret, but I'll let you in since you're my trusted cohorts...I totally did help the reincarnated Liz a la Cobra escape and return to egypt. The Zoo in it's frantic need to calm the public and keep business purchased another cobra on the down low to pass it off as the escaped Liz. The tweeting was a distraction.

Last I heard she is home once again, visiting the Pyramids, and dining on the finest egyptian spiny mice.

:lol:

Ooh, I feel so flattered to hear the story from the inside! :D

Relieved to know that Liz/Cobra has reached the Valley of the Queens. Can't blame the lady for wanting to go home, especially since the Egyptians really know how to treat the departed. Very long-term thinkers.

Don't admit anything that will get you in trouble, but did you come up with the cake recipe (file included) that @BronxZooCobra is now requesting so that she can spring herself from durance vile? ;)

Love those spiny mice,

M

We figured if we could keep people busy baking cake and flooding the zoo with it, we'd have an easier time sneaking out ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived