Storyist Forums

End of Days

Joolissa

Yup... still here! Anybody find any funny news reports on the goings on?

I expect we'll see them on Monday.

If we're here Monday.

Saturday isn't over yet. And there are still plenty of longitudes that haven't hit six o'clock.

The tension is killing me.

- T

Has it hit all the places yet?.... I know practically nothing about all the different time zones

In the US, yes.

I suspect this apocalypse is a bust. :):(

And here I was, looking forward to a well-deserved rest because a Storyist bug takes out the Internet and then the world.

Click

Oh well. I'm going to watch SNL now. (Lady Gaga is performing.)

Okay. See you next Rapture.

- Thoth

Well, the Rapture was supposed to hit each time zone as that zone passed the 6:00 pm mark. But you realize that all this means is that we were not among the Raptured. Apparently no one on earth was good enough to qualify, including the guy who started all this.

So the countdown is still officially on until October 21, when Armageddon arrives.

Live it up, Storyists! Five months between us and the defragging Windows 98 PCs! :lol:

M

Well, the Rapture was supposed to hit each time zone as that zone passed the 6:00 pm mark. But you realize that all this means is that we were not among the Raptured. Apparently no one on earth was good enough to qualify, including the guy who started all this.

Well, that certainly does seem to be the most reasonable explanation: no one was good enough to be teleported to Heaven. (We haven't heard from Isaac in a long time. Maybe...?)

So the countdown is still officially on until October 21, until Armageddon arrives.

Live it up, Storyists! Five months between us and the defragging Windows 98 PCs! :lol:

Shoot. Five more months of this? I suppose it'll give me time to buy and read Windows '98 For Damned Dummies.

Will Steve have enough time to finish the iPad version of Storyist? Gotta keep those priorities straight.

Hm. October 21: the 44th anniversary of 50,000 men, women and children marching on Washington to protest the Vietnam War. And it's the 52nd anniversary of the opening of the Guggenheim Museum in NYC. Coincidence? I think not.

- Thoth

FWIW: It amazes me that this thread has reached two pages.

Prediction: Steve will finish iPad Storyist and release it on October 19. We will have two days of blissful novel writing on our iPads, only to discover that linking them to the Windows 98 PCs of Hell throws us into endless reboot. Meanwhile the Storyist app version left on our iPads will morph into one of the early homework-munching betas and will snack on whatever files it finds. So if, by some miracle (do they have miracles in Hell?), we do manage to get the PCs up and running iTunes, there will be no files to transfer. This is Hell, people. No one said it would be fun.

Any Storyists who were Raptured (Isaac? Calli?) will, of course, enjoy the full, perfect Storyist for iPad app throughout eternity.

No, Steve, I am not sharing information about the betas outside the beta area. This is fiction! Don't take my firstborn, please! :)

As for the two pages, gotta help Julie G to her first triangle pip. :D

M

Prediction: Steve will finish iPad Storyist and release it on October 19. We will have two days of blissful novel writing on our iPads, only to discover that linking them to the Windows 98 PCs of Hell throws us into endless reboot. Meanwhile the Storyist app version left on our iPads will morph into one of the early homework-munching betas and will snack on whatever files it finds. So if, by some miracle (do they have miracles in Hell?), we do manage to get the PCs up and running iTunes, there will be no files to transfer. This is Hell, people. No one said it would be fun.

:lol:

I think that as long as you're there with us, it'll be fun. Perhaps we can stage a coup d'état. I mean, as long as we have advanced warning, why not?

As for the two pages, gotta help Julie G to her first triangle pip. :D

Oh yes. Of course. At this point in time, she has only 69 posts to go. Heck, M, you and I could dash off 69 posts over lunch. With us it's practically normal conversation. But Julibear is getting there. She'll make us so proud, I'm sure.

Did you see her new Flame Warriors thread?

- Thoth

Why not, indeed? Maybe I'm prejudiced, but if I were God I would much rather Rapture a bunch of Storyists than that no-humor Camping guy (and he's 89: isn't he going to meet his Maker soon enough without having to take the whole planet along for the ride?). :lol:

Julibear's doing great.:) I did see the Flame Warriors site, but I haven't explored it yet. My villain is concocting a new twist to his evil plot, so I am preoccupied with chapter 21 (although you might not guess that from the number of posts I've made so far today).

Go, Julia! Go, Julia! Rah, rah, rah!

Best,

M

Wow Thoth, that video is crazy! The "this is a depiction of fire" quote had me cracking up. I don't understand how these people get passed this verse: “However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." Matthew 24:36 :blink:

Perhaps Lady Gaga's music will be the downfall of the world..... Actually I think Justin Beiber's music is more likely to be the cause, or all his fevered fans going on a rampage......

October 21 now is it? You mean Armaggedon is going to come before I turn 25?!?!? I can't decide if that's good or bad.

Two days of blissful iPad novel writing is better than none at all. :D

Hmmm, so what's the next prediction? Since there's bound to be flaming horses in Armageddon, perhaps it is actually Epona coming to life and bringing all her poke on friends with her.... Better stock up on golden poke balls now!

Or maybe Alfred Hitchcock's Birds story was his prediction and all the birds will rise up and crush us. They don't call it a Murder of Crows for nothing!

Jools

Why not, indeed? Maybe I'm prejudiced, but if I were God I would much rather Rapture a bunch of Storyists than that Harold Camping guy (and he's 89: isn't he going to meet his Maker soon enough without having to take the whole planet along for the ride?). :lol:

Perhaps the portents of his imminent demise inspired him to want "to take the whole planet along for the ride". Remember, King Louis XV said: "Après moi, le déluge"* ("After me, the Flood"). He was wrong. So was that no-humor Camping guy (I think.)

...My villain is concocting a new twist to his evil plot, so I am preoccupied with chapter 21 (although you might not guess that from the number of posts I've made so far today).

M, this is my break place. The quantity of my posting is in direct proportion to the quantity of my writing (or other work).

Good luck with Chapter 21.

Wishing you especially evil plot twists.

-Thoth

* Strangely, the quote has also been attributed to Napoleon, Madame de Pompadour, and Pope Pius XII. Go figure.

... I don't understand how these people get passed this verse: “However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." Matthew 24:36 :blink:

They don't, Julipoo. The thing about fanatics is that they wear special filter goggles that keep conflicting data out of their brains. I mean, do you really think any of the Birthers had their minds changed by Obama's "long form" birth certificate?

Perhaps Lady Gaga's music will be the downfall of the world..... Actually I think Justin Beiber's music is more likely to be the cause, or all his fevered fans going on a rampage......

Gaga may have "little monsters" but my money's on Justin Beiber's fans. Those little girls can be vicious.

October 21 now is it? You mean Armaggedon is going to come before I turn 25?!?!? I can't decide if that's good or bad.

Actually, opinions on how long from the Rapture to Armageddon vary enormously. I've seen estimates as long as 10½ years. So don't worry, you'll still get to enjoy half of your thirties.

Hmmm, so what's the next prediction?

Predictions are all over the place. Sir Isaac Newton proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the Book of Daniel, that the Apocalypse could happen no earlier than 2060. Keep in mind that the great man invented calculus (1687) to help "perfect" astrology.

Since there's bound to be flaming horses in Armageddon, perhaps it is actually Epona coming to life and bringing all her poke on friends with her.... Better stock up on golden poke balls now!

Hmm. I was thinking canned goods and shotgun shells. But thanks for the warning. I'll put pokéballs on the list immediately.

Or maybe Alfred Hitchcock's Birds story was his prediction and all the birds will rise up and crush us. They don't call it a Murder of Crows for nothing!

:lol:

-Thoth

Wow... I didn't know that about Calculas. My brain explodes with wrath over Algebra. I never made it farther. I hate math, though they tell me I'm good at it.

Found another garter snake today... his tail met a lawn mower and came out the loser, or perhaps his tail was raptured!!! :lol:

Yay! 940 posts!... 60 more. Then only 2000 more until I get a Triforce pip.... :blink:

**Edit**, I take that back apparently the count on my profile is different than the count on each of my posts??!?!?! ... I'm now at 944..... weird, but I won't look a gift post (or four) in the mouth! Haha.

- Jooli

Wow... I didn't know that about Calculas. My brain explodes with wrath over Algebra. I never made it farther. I hate math, though they tell me I'm good at it.

I'm sure you're a regular John von Neumann. BTW, did you know that a woman invented computer programming? (Do we damn her or bless her?) Her name was Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace. (She was also the only daughter of the poet Byron by his wife.) Ah. Fun facts. I wonder how long it will be before fractal geometry filters down to the High Schools.

Found another garter snake today... his tail met a lawn mower and came out the loser, or perhaps his tail was raptured!!! :lol:

Interesting question. Does a removed appendix get raptured? Your tonsils? Your toenail clippings. If so, Heaven is going to be a messy place.

Yay! 940 posts!... 60 more. Then only 2000 more until I get a Triforce pip.... :blink:

**Edit**, I take that back apparently the count on my profile is different than the count on each of my posts??!?!?! ... I'm now at 944..... weird, but I won't look a gift post (or four) in the mouth! Haha.i

Not all areas of the Forum get updated at exactly the same time, Jooli.

But I'm happy to go with 944. :)

- Thoth

I think the difference is that the count on profiles is "active posts", because that one updated to 940 after I posted that, but the ones below our names in posts is different. According to your profile you "only" have 3,874 posts. Perhaps the ones that aren't being counted were deleted or somehow "inactive"

I think the difference is that the count on profiles is "active posts", because that one updated to 940 after I posted that, but the ones below our names in posts is different. According to your profile you "only" have 3,874 posts. Perhaps the ones that aren't being counted were deleted or somehow "inactive"

Could be. I seem to remember Steve deleting one of my posts for some reason. But I'm not going to go count them to make sure.

Content to be merely awesome.

- Thoth

Archived