Storyist Forums

Gifts for Writers

Steve

Quality caffeine should probably be high on the list. And don't forget the "Careful, or you'll end up in my novel" T-shirt.

There's all kinds of quality caffeine. Not everyone is "yearning for the mud". Personally, I like reference books. Any kind. The weirder the better. On a practical note, writers with manuscripts to submit might benefit from ordinary paper, or environmentally conscious paper, or ridiculously expensive paper. or you could just go the traditional route and give a fancy pen.

Of course you can always give the gift of Storyist. (It's now available on CD. I read that somewhere.)

-Thoth.

On the theme of gifts for submitting writers, you can always use manuscript boxes if you are a novelist or brass brads if you are a screenwriter.

For quality note paper, I like the Levenger pads.

-Steve

Good ones!

But have you considered a gift that keeps on giving. A gift of yourself. A gift...well, I might as well say what everybody is thinking: How about a Walk Through Storyist DVD starring the inimitable (because he's too hard to imitate) Steve Shepard who uses his star quality to shepherd (get it?) viewers through the product. Oscar worthy, surely.

Who you callin' Shirley?

-Thoth.

Wouldn't mind some of those manuscript boxes. I wonder if they ship to the UK?

Ideal gift for any writer, peace and quiet.. and barring that, the INSTA-MUSE (which I have just invented). Just drop in a penny and the INSTA-MUSE will gift you with ideas, inspiration and that sweet new car smell. Guaranteed 100% effective*

PJ

*Not a guarantee.

Wouldn't mind some of those manuscript boxes. I wonder if they ship to the UK?

I wouldn't be surprised but check the size. (We haven't really gone metric over here.)

Ideal gift for any writer, peace and quiet.. and barring that, the INSTA-MUSE (which I have just invented). Just drop in a penny and the INSTA-MUSE will gift you with ideas, inspiration and that sweet new car smell. Guaranteed 100% effective*

Sign me up. Do they take US pennies? Or do we have to put in two (given the exchange rate)?

100% Thoth. Guaranteed*

*But only when online.

Good ones!

But have you considered a gift that keeps on giving. A gift of yourself. A gift...well, I might as well say what everybody is thinking: How about a Walk Through Storyist DVD starring the inimitable (because he's too hard to imitate) Steve Shepard who uses his star quality to shepherd (get it?) viewers through the product. Oscar worthy, surely.

Who you callin' Shirley?

-Thoth.

Thanks to the kind folks at MACscreencast, there is a Storyist walkthrough available already. You have to understand German though.

Seriously, I think this would be great to have, and I hope can put some time into it after MacWorld. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Two Mac-based software products for research and storage - DevonAgent and DevonThink. DevonAgent is Google on steroids. DevonThink is the digital file cabinet that you always wished you had. Both are wonderful companion tools for authors doing research of both fiction and non-fiction titles.

carve

Archived