Storyist Forums

Storyist for IPad - Can it export for iBooks and Kindle?

Paul_Anthony

Hello,

I'm quite new to Storyist and am considering purchasing the Storyist App for my iPad2.

I'm constantly on the road this year so the iPad is my primary vehicle for my current manuscript. I want to submit my manuscript for publication in the Apple ibook store and via Kindle (amazon).

Can the Storyist iPad app take my manuscript all the way including exporting into the correct formats and submission to apple and kindle (amazon)?

Thanks guys

Paul

Hi Paul,

Storyist for iPad does not currently export ePub or Kindle editions. Storyist for Mac does, however.

If you're interested in this, check out the screencasts at:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/storyist/Publishing-on-Amazon-with-Storyist.mov

http://s3.amazonaws.com/storyist/Creating-ePub-for-iPad.mov

Also, the Storyist for iPad User's Guide is available as an ePub on the support page so you can check out the features before purchasing if you want.

-Steve

Hello,

I'm quite new to Storyist and am considering purchasing the Storyist App for my iPad2.

I'm constantly on the road this year so the iPad is my primary vehicle for my current manuscript. I want to submit my manuscript for publication in the Apple ibook store and via Kindle (amazon).

Can the Storyist iPad app take my manuscript all the way including exporting into the correct formats and submission to apple and kindle (amazon)?

Thanks guys

Paul

Thanks Steve,

Do you know if there are plans to enable the iPad app to export to ePub and kindle?

Being on the road, could I email my completed iPad Storyist manuscript to an apple laptop ( with Storyist installed) and publish to ePub and kindle from there?

Thanks for your help

Paul

Hi Paul,

I might add ePub support (please start a thread in the Feature Requests forum if this is something you'd like to see), but I'd need Amazon's help for Kindle, since they provide the kindlegen tool that Storyist uses to package the Kindle edition.

You could certainly email your manuscript to the laptop and publish it there. Even easier, you could use the one-tap Dropbox sync to transfer it to your Mac.

-Steve

Thanks Steve,

Do you know if there are plans to enable the iPad app to export to ePub and kindle?

Being on the road, could I email my completed iPad Storyist manuscript to an apple laptop ( with Storyist installed) and publish to ePub and kindle from there?

Thanks for your help

Paul

Archived