Storyist Forums

How'd Irene treat all of you?

Joolissa

Hey all,

Thought I'd check in and see how my fellow East Coast Storyists are doing with the hurricane weather? I spent half an hour in our very wet cellar with my parents and two crying kitties in carriers when there was a tornado somewhere around, but other than that it was okay. The power line on our property is down, so I'm really hoping we can get someone in to fix that soon, but we have a generator that powers most things, so it's not too bad.

I hope everybody else is faring okay!

- Jools

Hey all,

Thought I'd check in and see how my fellow East Coast Storyists are doing with the hurricane weather? I spent half an hour in our very wet cellar with my parents and two crying kitties in carriers when there was a tornado somewhere around, but other than that it was okay. The power line on our property is down, so I'm really hoping we can get someone in to fix that soon, but we have a generator that powers most things, so it's not too bad.

Hi Joolissa.

Earthquakes, hurricanes and power outages, Oh My! What a week. And let's not forget Steve Jobs resignation. Portents of doom?

Right now it's lovely outside. We were pummeled by the storm last night but all our power lines and communication lines are underground in my area. Two trees in my neighborhood went down though. Old ones. No unavoidable puddles. Obstructions already cleaned up. The worst thing, according to most of my neighbors, is that subway and bus service is out until Monday afternoon. Mass transit is how most people get to work and school in this city. I guess a lot of people are going to take Monday off. (A storm day! Yay!) No scared kitties. But no New York Times today!!!

All-in-all, much ado about nothing.

(Click here.)

-T

Our NY Times showed up a couple of hours late, which was pretty impressive. I thought we might lose power, because we have so many old trees around here that it goes out with every puff of wind. But we got lucky this time.

I charged my iPad overnight, just in case, but here I am working on chapter 12 in Storyist for Mac, as usual. :)

Yes, I got a bit worried about the tornado warning, especially on behalf of the kitties. Fortunately, it never got close enough to us that we had to shove cats into carriers.

We have flooded creeks and downed trees blocking roads, but on the whole, much less damage than feared. Irene pounded on that roof last night, though. A real drama queen!

Glad both of you weathered the storm and the earthquake.

Cheers,

M

Our NY Times showed up a couple of hours late, which was pretty impressive.

OMG, M. Thanks for the info.

And thank you, Joolissa. This thread is already bearing fruit for me. (NYT. Yay!)

What will next week hold in store for us?

-T

We were right in the path but Irene wasn't quite so bad. We live in the mountains in New Jersey so that might explain it. If she had been stronger, it might have been scarier. I too was a little worried about the tornado warnings to our south. As a matter of fact, kinda concerned with all the tornado warnings in my area lately. Tornados in New Jersey, come on! lol. Glad everyone is okay:)

Hunter

Archived