Storyist Forums

Turning off page layout view?

Steenstrupian

Apologies if this is a dumb question, I did RTFM and couldn't find (or missed) the answer. The workspace view of the text editing window defaults always to page layout view, with visible breaks etc at the end of each page, headers, etc. I actually find that kind of distracting: is there a way to turn that view off, and just have normal rolling text, then turn on page layout view at other times to check how it's looking? NB, the same question applies to the Mac version.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I've seen how to do it on the Mac, but still can't work out how to do it on the iPad, if i can.

If this option isn't available, could I please add it as a feature request on iPad?

Hi Steenstrupian,

Apologies if this is a dumb question, I did RTFM and couldn't find (or missed) the answer. The workspace view of the text editing window defaults always to page layout view, with visible breaks etc at the end of each page, headers, etc. I actually find that kind of distracting: is there a way to turn that view off, and just have normal rolling text, then turn on page layout view at other times to check how it's looking? NB, the same question applies to the Mac version.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I've seen how to do it on the Mac, but still can't work out how to do it on the iPad, if i can.

If this option isn't available, could I please add it as a feature request on iPad?

As you suspected, the iPad version currently supports only page layout view. I've added your feature request.

-Steve

Archived