Storyist Forums

Footnotes?

Maury

Yes, I too have this question. I had read that Storyist exports notes as footnotes. But I have tried that with RTF and it doesn't work. I expect that notes just export as footnotes to the Mac version, which I do not own. I'm a bit disappointed by that. I am desperately looking for a way to create footnotes on my iPad.

Hi Maury and JvPTT,

Storyist doesn't currently support footnotes. It does support comments, which is what some users use to record citations that they later convert to footnotes. The currently shipping RTF exporter does not include the comments in the export however.

-Steve

Thanks for your reply Steve. Do you have plans to include comments in the RTF export in the future? I'm pretty sure that would be of great help to many academics. For me it would for sure, especially if RTF footnotes would import as comments in Storyist. It's a great app, the best writing experience on the iPad I've had so far, and I've tried many!

Hi JvPTT,

Do you have plans to include comments in the RTF export in the future? I'm pretty sure that would be of great help to many academics. For me it would for sure, especially if RTF footnotes would import as comments in Storyist.

I do. I've got a version of the exporter in "the lab" that does this, but need to add code to the importer, and UI to allow you to turn off comments if you're sending out a copy for review.

It's a great app, the best writing experience on the iPad I've had so far, and I've tried many!

Thank you!

-Steve

Archived