Storyist Forums

Editing custom fields

marguerite

Hi, Steve:

I created two new fields yesterday (hero and heroine--wildly original, no? :) ) and stupidly left the default option of "Text" selected when I actually wanted character fields. Although Storyist would let me edit the names and comments on the fields, I didn't see an option for changing the type, and clicking "Remove field" just takes the field out of display.

Is it possible to change the type of an existing field? And if not, is there a way to delete the text field so that I can create a character field with the same name?

Thanks,

Marguerite

Hi, Steve:

I created two new fields yesterday (hero and heroine--wildly original, no? :) ) and stupidly left the default option of "Text" selected when I actually wanted character fields. Although Storyist would let me edit the names and comments on the fields, I didn't see an option for changing the type, and clicking "Remove field" just takes the field out of display.

Is it possible to change the type of an existing field? And if not, is there a way to delete the text field so that I can create a character field with the same name?

Thanks,

Marguerite

I think this message got lost in the shuffle. Is there a way to delete a field or change its type? "Remove field" removes the selected field from the display but not from the file--or is that just the quirky trash bug under a new name?

Since I've gotten used to clicking "Remove field" to take a field out of my sight, I'm hoping that won't someday delete fields I want to keep! But a separate "Delete field" option would be useful, if one doesn't already exist.

Best,

Marguerite

I think this message got lost in the shuffle. Is there a way to delete a field or change its type? "Remove field" removes the selected field from the display but not from the file--or is that just the quirky trash bug under a new name?

Since I've gotten used to clicking "Remove field" to take a field out of my sight, I'm hoping that won't someday delete fields I want to keep! But a separate "Delete field" option would be useful, if one doesn't already exist.

Best,

Marguerite

Hi M,

Yes it did get lost in the (my) shuffle! I apologize.

There is currently no interface to delete a field (it can be done by hand with a text editor). You can rename the field to something else and then recreate it with the type you originally intended.

Look for a more complete field editing UI in 1.4.

-Steve

Hi M,

There is currently no interface to delete a field (it can be done by hand with a text editor). You can rename the field to something else and then recreate it with the type you originally intended.

-Steve

Sounds good. Thanks!

M

Hi M,

-Steve

Sounds good. Thanks!

M

Archived