Storyist Forums

Ray Bradbury R.I.P.

Steve E

Fast catch!

Nice to see that you're paying attention.

The reason for the re-post is a long story (and makes me look stupid) so I'll settle for a re-edit.

-Thoth

No need to apologize! I do things like this with no excuse regularly. :)

(You want stupid? I once said in a classroom—without a hint of irony or humor, meaning this sincerely—that if one traveled south past Argentina, one would next reach Alaska. Even though I knew much better 99.9% of the time, at that precise moment, for whatever reason, I was thinking of the old video game Asteroids where if your ship traveled off the bottom of the screen, it reappeared at the top...)

Orren

No need to apologize! I do things like this with no excuse regularly. :)

You're very gracious. Thank you.

(You want stupid? I once said in a classroom—without a hint of irony or humor, meaning this sincerely—that if one traveled south past Argentina, one would next reach Alaska. Even though I knew much better 99.9% of the time, at that precise moment, for whatever reason, I was thinking of the old video game Asteroids where if your ship traveled off the bottom of the screen, it reappeared at the top...)

I'm pretty sure your not the only one to ever mistake a video game for reality. (Know any D&D players?) But clearly you've recovered. (I have a neighbor who thinks she's an Asari—the tendril-headed alien—from Mass Effect.)

-Thoth

Archived