Storyist Forums

Greeting from Endeavor

Steakpirate

You don't like my mild anonymization filter from photoshop? Actually, the original photo was blue anyway because of my LED desklamp. It's also slightly artsier now.

Artsy and Fartsy, simultaneously.

And I do like it.

It reminds me of one of the incarnations of Krishna, and Bowser Smurf, simultaneously.

Did you enjoy Talk Like A Pirate Day?

-T

Maybe.

I rode a borrowed penny-farthing once when I was a kid. Fell off twice. I guess they had better balance back in Olden Days.

Good picture though. I like the car in the background. If I had to convince people I was a time traveler I'd ride that. Sweet.

Vintage suit? All my suits are vintage.

-T

Jealous that you even knew someone with a pennyfarthing. Those things are beyond old-school. That is a sweet car, but I'd prefer one of the 1930's cadillac type cars that Alfred Pennyworth would drive.

Ho-ho. I don't have any vintage suits per se, but I do have a couple hand-me-downs from my dad when he was in his 20s/30s. He's a couple years your senior, according to Denny's breakfast menus.

Jealous that you even knew someone with a pennyfarthing.

We were looking through old attic junk. But I recognized it immediately from the logo of the then-current TV show, The Prisoner (1967–1968).

... I'd prefer one of the 1930's cadillac type cars that Alfred Pennyworth would drive.

Also a sweet ride. BTW, I think the animated Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, part 1, is available. In part 2 a 50+ Batman fights Superman. But I assume you have the graphic novel.

Ho-ho. I don't have any vintage suits per se, but I do have a couple hand-me-downs from my dad when he was in his 20s/30s. He's a couple years your senior, according to Denny's breakfast menus.

The Sacred Denny's breakfast menu: Source of all Earthly wisdom.

-Thoth.

Also a sweet ride. BTW, I think the animated Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, part 1, is available. In part 2 a 50+ Batman fights Superman. But I assume you have the graphic novel.

Comes out Sept. 25th! I'm so excited! Although I'll likely have to put off watching it until the end of Yom Kippur. Same with The Avengers, that comes out the same day...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RV5K5E/

Orren

Am a big batman fan, but grew up with the animated series and not the comics. The only comics I follow are the continuation of Batman Beyond. There's just too many different convoluted/unrelated story lines.

The current Batman in DC Continuity is excellent. Writer Scott Snyder has become one of the brightest stars in the industry, and the artist Greg Capulo, is a huge name from the 90s (X-Force, Spawn, Haunt, etc) and is at the top of his game. There was just a year-long arc called "The Court of Owls" that created new villains and pushed the limits of comic storytelling. Their next arc begins next mont (October) and is called "Death of the Family." Joker had his face surgically removed a year ago, and has now returned. This arc basically pushes Batman into horror comic territory, but it sounds pretty exciting. Probably worth a look! Download the Comics app for iOS by ComiXology, or the DC Comics app (just a custom branded ComiXology app) and you can buy them in-app and read them on your iPad. The iPad makes a spectacular comic reader, BTW!

Orren

BTW I agree the animated series is awesome. As iconic and wonderful as Heath Ledger's Joker was, Mark Hamil is still the voice of the Joker to me. And Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman in my head.

This. Half the reason I gave Batman Beyond a shot was Kevin Conroy as crotchity old, but still crafty/intimidating as hell Bruce Wayne. It would not have been the same show without him.

Archived