Storyist Forums

Hello!

Nico

Hello all!

I just wanted to introduce myself, a long time lurker of these forums (forae, fora??).

The name's Nicolas and I live and work in Stockholm, Sweden.

And yes, it's currently snowing and it's 10 degrees below zero (that's celcius if you where wondering).

Love the program (Mac and iPad) although I spend to much time fiddling with settings and moving Index Cards around and no time actually writing.

Cheers!

Oh, a quick question.... ;)

What made you choose Storyist over the multitude of other software out there? (Ulysses, Scrivener, StoryMill et al)

Hello all!

Hello Nico. Nice to hear from you.

You can call me Thoth.

I just wanted to introduce myself, a long time lurker of these forums (forae, fora??).

The name's Nicolas and I live and work in Stockholm, Sweden.

And yes, it's currently snowing and it's 10 degrees below zero (that's celcius if you where wondering).

There's no harm in lurking.

I live and work in "Da Glorious Bronx", a county in New York City where it is currently 43˚F (6˚C) and sunny, but we're expecting snow sometime next week.

Love the program (Mac and iPad) although I spend to much time fiddling with settings and moving Index Cards around and no time actually writing.

That will pass.

Oh, a quick question.... ;)

What made you choose Storyist over the multitude of other software out there? (Ulysses, Scrivener, StoryMill et al)

Good question. I own most of the other software out there because I was on a quest to find the program with which I was most comfortable working. That turned out to be Storyist. It most easily adapts to my own style and workflow without loading me down with hundreds of features I'll never use. (Full disclosure: Scrivener 1.X, no. It felt more suited for non-fiction, "homework" and academic work. Scrivener 2.x, a close second. Only time will tell if it will pull ahead.)

Write Like A Viking.

-Thoth.

Haha! Yes, I've tried them all. But deep down I think it's just an excuse to not write...

But one thing that puts Storyist on top is the simple fact that since I've started writing in it I'm in 6000 words...

That there is a win for me :-)

Archived