Storyist Forums

how to rearrange index cards?

MrG

Newbie here, sorry.

I've been through several tries, I'd hate to say of finding a good combination of Mac and iPad compatible authoring platforms.

I thing Storyist is winning.

Just to get some opinions, is there a best practice for using the index in multiple levels of indenture, or is only a SCENE HEADING level supported?

Also, for a musical stage play, we don't use INT. as a slugline prefix, is there another way to trigger a scene heading style to make an Index Card?

Just to get some opinions, is there a best practice for using the index in multiple levels of indenture, or is only a SCENE HEADING level supported?

Index cards are one per scene heading. I think I know what you are after - you would perhaps like to break down a scene with a stack of cards? You could probably find a working solution by using index cards and section/scene/plot sheets. On Storyist for the Mac you cold arrange these visually in a collage view, but not on the iPad. Perhaps this is to come.

Also, for a musical stage play, we don't use INT. as a slugline prefix, is there another way to trigger a scene heading style to make an Index Card?

If you tap on the scene heading button then whatever you type is classed as a scene heading/slug line, which therefore creates an index card.

Hope this helps.

Archived