Storyist Forums

Full sync support

verxion

I'd like to request a more fine grained sync support. It would be really nice if, for example, I could edit characters on my iPad mini, Scenes on my full sized iPad, and say the manuscript itself (and associated index cards) on my mac, and then sync them all. This level of sync still avoids all of the pitfalls of simultaneous edits that you are trying to avoid. The problem is that currently you treat the project as a whole as being changed or not instead of the individual components.

I realize this doesn't happen without work - just saying that I (and I suspect many others) would appreciate this greatly.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Having a sync that worked like this and worked with the Mac version instead of just syncing up to drop box (I'm not saying remove that, since that makes a nice back up, but the duplicates and such do get very tiresome, not to mention trying to work on it on the mac then... not my favorite thing to do) but having the files sync between all the device versions would be amazing.

- Jools

• 2 weeks later...

On another note dealing with full sync support, I think it would be a fabulous thing if Storyist could work in iCloud. I generally write on the iPad, both a regular one and an ipad mini, and am so busy that I am seldom home long enough to write on the iMac. While syncing with dropbox is a neat thing, it is clumsy, like an old beater car, when you are working with three devices. I just finished a memoir with Storyist and had to confine the writing to just the regular ipad. Although I tried downloading the memoir from dropbox onto the ipad mini, for instance, it somehow never quite came off. A way to work with icloud rather than dropbox would be of immense help to people like me who are forever on the run with this or that apple device.

• 3 months later...

Just to add my 10 cents worth, I think a feature that warns you when you are editing a version that isn't up-to-date would be a big help. Sometimes I will save a version on the Mac and then forget to hit the refresh button on the iPad so when I go to save I end up with a forked copy. Having Storyist do a comparison and tell you that you need to update before starting to edit would save a lot of heart ache.

Thanks,

Stuart

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived