Storyist Forums

Forum Log In Trouble

Joolissa

Hey All!

Been a while.... oops. I hope everybody is doing really well! Things here have been up and down. Hopefully I'll be able to get onto the forums a bit more now, but I digress....

I didn't know where else to put this, but when I came to the forum home page and hit the tiny "Log In" link along the top menu by "Create An Account" it didn't do a thing. Well, three little green dots that looked like a loading meter showed up for a second, but then nothing. I managed to log in by hitting the "Members" tab and following a log in link on that page. I tried in both Chrome & Safari. No difference.

Figured I should mention it.

- Jools

Been a while....

We've missed you, Joolsy, but think nothing of it. Life does tend to get in the way of the more important stuff. I trust things are appropriately lackadaisical in the hundred-acre woods?

...when I came to the forum home page and hit the tiny "Log In" link...

I have the exact same problem: I can't log in from the opening "Forums" page unless I go somewhere else first. I can log in from "Members" and "Calendar" or from "Forums" if I first go elsewhere and then go to "Forums". I get the same three dots. Strangely, I didn't think it was worth mentioning, which, I suppose, shows you where I head is at these days.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Poke a dead thing for me.

-Thoth

Er... not entirely sure lackadaisical is the correct word! I had to euthanize one of my cats, and that sucked, but I have a new cat now too. Her name is Lilith. She's... something. Ha. But as this is not the writer's lounge I won't wax eloquent on her.

Well, I'm glad the issue is not confined to my computer at least. It's probably something to do with invisionzone... which I only just realized is not "invisizone" as I'd always previous read it. 0_o

- J

Er... not entirely sure lackadaisical is the correct word!

Really? I've always imagined you laid-back and easygoing (informal synonyms for lackadaisical) although I now realize that the term also implies carelessness. So...good catch.

I had to euthanize one of my cats, and that sucked, but I have a new cat now too. Her name is Lilith. She's... something. Ha. But as this is not the writer's lounge I won't wax eloquent on her.

So sorry to hear about the suckiness.

BTW. Lilith was Adam's first wife (according to the Talmud) but they had to break up: he's human, she's a demon (i.e., fallen angel), how would they raise the kittens? But you're right, this isn't the forum for waxing mythological.

Well, I'm glad the issue is not confined to my computer at least. It's probably something to do with invisionzone... which I only just realized is not "invisizone" as I'd always previous read it. 0_o

Yeah. It started when Steve "upgraded" (sarcastic quotes intended) our 'Zone service, so I figured I wasn't the only one. No biggie.

In any event, it's still good to hear from you

I trust you're kicking Orren's little ass in Words With Friends.

Love the Salvador Dalí quote.

-T

Archived