Storyist Forums

File Lock Option

Msandoe

Hi Msandoe,

Not in the current version. A few apps have a feature that lets you set a passcode to open files, and Storyist could do this if there were enough interest. This would be appropriate for keeping your young children from seeing your writing, but it wouldn't be secure in the sense that FileVault is secure.

-Steve

Please count me in as 'interested'...I raised this as a feature request before and would sure like to see it. I use a lot of apps that require (optionally) a passcode lock and I think that's all that we're looking for. That is, anyone with access to the iPad could be required to enter a Storyist passcode before being allowed to view any storyist files on the device. Using this with Dropbox is nice because Dropbox already allows for a passcode lock even for a device that is authorized to access Dropbox files.

I would think a passcode lock feature would be pretty trivial from a code perspective, but I could be wrong.

It is understood that the feature would not provide security for Storyist files on the Mac computer.

Archived