Storyist Forums

Hello there!

I've been using the app for a little over a month now and figured I'd register with the forums and become active with other Storyist users as well.

My name is Tim, I live in Ohio with my fiance and 2 kids, and I love to write. The trouble is, most of my writing just sits on the computer/iPad and I never really do anything with it.

I have a personal blog (www.timdehring.com) which I need to get back into the habit of posting regularly, and I started a website geared towards writers a few months ago (www.writingideal.com). Those are basically my hobby projects which, along with my full-time job and raising a family, take up most of my time.

I will admit that for the past 2 years, I was a huge Scrivener user and advocate; it's what I was introduced to and what I started using for my writing. It wasn't until earlier this summer that I discovered Storyist while researching writing apps to recommend to other users.

Let me get this out of the way: Storyist, along with the iOS app, have improved my writing in the last 3 months by allowing me to become more mobile with my iPad mini than I could with Scrivener. Yes, there are ways to get the other app to work on my iPad and have it transfer to my computer, but it was messy, and I dislike that in my workflow. With Storyist, I setup the app to sync to a Dropbox folder and I just write without worry.

Now, I'm sure I sound like an advertisement and that's not my intention, and it's also not my intention to "put down" Scrivener; both apps work great and in the end, it boils down to user preference. I mean, if my household has a Mac and a PC with no problem, I don't see why us writers can't try out more than one app :)

Getting back on topic a little, I plan to finish my novel, if you will, in early 2014. I have a long way to go but I'm dedicated to getting it done.

My workspace currently is a MacBook Air (Late 2010), an iPad mini (16GB), and an iPhone 5 (16GB). As you can tell, I'm pretty mobile and like to write anywhere I can!

I look forward to being a regular here and I want to say thanks to Steve for a great suite of apps!

Archived