Storyist Forums

About the recent board spam

Steve

Hi Folks,

You may have noticed that this board has recently attracted the interest of one or more spammers. As a result, I have instituted some stricter policies that I hope will keep our little community a friendly place for writerly discussion.

1. All new registrations are now forwarded to me for approval.
  2. Posts by new members are now sent to me before they are posted to the board so that I can reject any offensive material.

I realize that these new policies will cause a slight delay in posting for new members, and for that, I apologize. After a few posts, I will lift the moderation requirement so that legitimate members may post freely.

As always, if you find a post that you think is objectionable, please click the "Report" button at the bottom of the post and I will review the post right away and take appropriate action.

-Steve

• 3 years later...

Apologies for the recent spam posts. Thanks to everyone who reported them.

For whatever reason, spammers are again attracted to these forums and I'm receiving 6-10 new account requests a day. Usually, spammers use throwaway email addresses when registering. However, it is getting harder to tell the legit requests from the rest.

As a result, I'll start moderating all posts from new users again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Steve

Archived