Storyist Forums

Duplicate comments

Math

Hello!

I've just begun to try Storyist for imac and I have a strange problem. The small yellow stickers I insert in the manuscript (comments) have a tendency to multiply. Each tilme I go from a single view to a side-by-side view with the workspaces button, these stickers appear twice, ie is in the manuscript, I have 2 instead of 1, at the same place. If I try again, they appear 3 tiles etc... I don't know when this will stop ;D

Is it a known bug ?

Thnaks

Math

Hi Math,

Is it a known bug ?

It is now. Thanks for the report.

I'll fix this right away. In the mean time, you can work around the problem by hiding and then showing comments (View > Hide Comments, View > Show Comments) after splitting the view when comments are visible.

-Steve

Hi, thanks for the quick answer. Will there be an update in the near future ? The management of the stickers seems a bit confusing, I'll recommend to check this. The problem I sometimes face is also that they seem to disappear, but I don't really understand if there is a bug, when it happens. Hiding and re-desplaying them seems to fix the issue temporarily.

Math.

• 4 months later...

So I bought Storyist a couple weeks ago, and immediately noticed a number of issues with the comments. The issue with duplicates as described above happened after only a fews days of use. And now unfortunately, the little comment icons in the manuscript view have disappeared altogether. I still seem to have the comments as I can see them in the storyboard view when I click on a specific scene, but those icons disappeared in the manuscript view. And in the ipad version, I can't seem to find any of the comments (although maybe I just don't know how to navigate to them in that view).

Any suggestions on this issue?

Archived