Storyist Forums

Blank white screen on Mac Storyist

brad172

I'm running OS 10.9.2 on my Mac and IOS 7.1 on my iPad.

My Storyist projects seem to be working fine on my iPad and I am syncing them in a Storyist Dropbox folder.

PROBLEM: When I try to open them up on my Mac I get nothing. Nothing shows up, but sometimes I get a project window with the toolbar at the top and nothing but white in the workspace itself. A similar thing occurs if I try to open up the preferences. No window shows up. I haven't had a problem with these Projects until just recently. I've tried copying the project files on dropbox, I've copied them to my desktop and I've tried re-uploading them from my iPad. Same result every time.

If I create a new project from scratch then that shows up just fine, until I save it. But when I try to open it it shows its open (under the window drop down menu) but I have to minimize it in the window drop down menu and than select it in the menu for it to become visible.

Is it a Mavericks thing?

I've also deleted Storyist and supporting files on my Mac and re-installed it. No change!

Initially, it seems like a file error, but why would the preference window behave that way as well?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Brad

Hi Brad,

It's hard to say what's going on without more info. Send a quick email to the support address with the version of Storyist for Mac you're running along with a short project that shows the problem (i.e. won't open on Mac). The project could be lorem ipsum if you want.

-Steve

Archived