Storyist Forums

Procrastination Station

Steve E

I stand corrected, if lopsided. Those stiletto heels break off at the darndest times. It's like they get radar signals or something.

Oh, no! Is that the Overlords' revenge?! ;)

Does this invalidate Isaac's challenge? And why is Isaac challenging us, anyway? Was it not he who objected to the academic tone of the tie discussion and introduced the Evil Alien Overlords in the first place?

We Storyists have long memories, Isaac!

M

I have a very funny response to this but I did pick up the gauntlet and there are still a few hours to go. (Is Colorado on Rocky Mountain Time?)

I think our dear Isaac may begrudge the fact that others (no names please) are as creative as he.

-Thoth.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this invalidate Isaac's challenge? And why is Isaac challenging us, anyway? Was it not he who objected to the academic tone of the tie discussion and introduced the Evil Alien Overlords in the first place?

I'll postpone my response until after the deadline.

We Storyists have long memories, Isaac!

Uh, again, I'll postpone.

IF

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting Thoth:

Um, right. I should have mentioned that it was Marguerite (a.k.a. the illustrious Lady M) who first brought the word (not the phrase) to the Forum.

Apologies.

-Thoth.

P.S. "A Rendezvous To Remember", from the Harlequin Everlasting Love series--that Geri Krotow?

>

Nonsense. I didn't need credit. I just wanted to make sure people didn't think I made it up, when I stole it from her. As for that Geri Krotow, probably. I found it in an article on how synopses can help pantsers, too, organize their writing (not that it's ever worked for me), written for Romance Writers Report, which I get, for my sins (as medieval Russians used to say), because a couple of years ago I submitted Sir Percy to the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart contest to get feedback.

The feedback was useless, being all over the map, but the Report usually has at least one gem among the dreck every month, so I've kept up my membership in RWA. You never know, I may sell this beast someday and need to advertise it. :) :)

Never read any of Geri's stuff other than the article, however.

Marguerite

Nonsense. I didn't need credit. I just wanted to make sure people didn't think I made it up, when I stole it from her.

I hope you're not embarrassed. It's a very clever idea, attributed or not. I am certain no one thinks the less of you for this revelation.

My "Everlasting Love",

-Thoth.

BTW: Did you notice that we have 99 registered users. I smell a milestone approaching.

I hope you're not embarrassed. It's a very clever idea, attributed or not. I am certain no one thinks the less of you for this revelation.

Not embarrassed in the least, but years of anti-plagiarism training have taken root, so I am incapable of writing without at least virtual footnotes, even on the forums. :) I don't want to end up like the poor scholar in Gaudy Night (Dorothy Sayers)....

BTW: Did you notice that we have 99 registered users. I smell a milestone approaching.

I hadn't made the connection, but 100 registered users will certainly be a milestone. Although there's something odd about the counting—have you noticed? The numbers listed at the bottom of the entry screen don't match those in the Members List, according to which the milestone is already passed.

Best,

Marguerite

Not embarrassed in the least, but years of anti-plagiarism training have taken root, so I am incapable of writing without at least virtual footnotes, even on the forums. :) I don't want to end up like the poor scholar in Gaudy Night (Dorothy Sayers)....

I hadn't made the connection, but 100 registered users will certainly be a milestone. Although there's something odd about the counting—have you noticed? The numbers listed at the bottom of the entry screen don't match those in the Members List, according to which the milestone is already passed.

Best,

Marguerite

I just went to Members, displayed All Members and counted 99. Is there some other Member's List?

-Thoth.

I just went to Members, displayed All Members and counted 99. Is there some other Member's List?

-Thoth.

Naturally, I'm not seeing the weird behavior now that I mentioned it, but there have been times when, say, the forum has said we have 74 members but listed Christine as member 75. I thought I was in the member list last time I saw something similar: it totaled 103 members, although only 99 were listed. But perhaps not. If it happens again, I'll make a note of where.

Best,

M

The count is probably thrown off by spam accounts that Steve has had to delete.

IF

• 4 weeks later...
It's so quiet lately.

It has been quiet lately. There's been a bit more traffic in the beta area. You have access there, right?

I hope this doesn't mean that we all stopped procrastinating! Wouldn't that indicate the last days are at hand? B)

Hoarding Evil Alien Overmuffins for the next outbreak,

M

Hoarding Evil Alien Overmuffins for the next outbreak,

Agent provocateur! J'accuse!

Nice Using Storyist post, by the way. No one else had thought of posting a multi-novel methodology for Storyist. It deserves to be in the Manuel, assuming Steve doesn't come up with a more integrated approach.

-Thoth.

Agent provocateur! J'accuse!

Nice Using Storyist post, by the way. No one else had thought of posting a multi-novel methodology for Storyist. It deserves to be in the Manuel, assuming Steve doesn't come up with a more integrated approach.

-Thoth.

Guilty as charged. :)

But Calli is right. We've all been such meek, "nonposting except for serious crash reports" types the last month or so, I hardly recognize us! B)

Time for another off-topic discussion. We already tackled corsets and ties and stiletto heels. I'm fresh out of ideas at present, but no doubt something will slink by my Evil Alien Trainee (EAT, as in "eat your heart out, non-Overlady candidates") Imagination soon.

Thanks for the compliment.

M

Too quiet.

I blame the evil alien overcookies. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, "Come to the dark side. We have cookies."

How do I keep up with this forum thing while building a bedroom, taking over maintainership of a large open source project that's in the process of migrating from Subversion to Git, and squeezing some writing in at the same time? Still trying to find time to work on my NOSPB and DebbieRec projects.

Sorry for the tech speak.

IF

I blame the evil alien overcookies. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, "Come to the dark side. We have cookies."

Cute. I saw a less cute one a week ago reading: "Visit Hell. We Have Sin." Could be a trend.

How do I keep up with this forum thing while building a bedroom, taking over maintainership of a large open source project that's in the process of migrating from Subversion to Git, and squeezing some writing in at the same time? Still trying to find time to work on my NOSPB and DebbieRec projects.

You seem to be managing. There's an old business saying that (allegedly) goes back to Harry Sinclair*: "Want something done? Ask a busy person."

-Thoth.

* Harry Ford Sinclair (1876-1956) was the founder of Sinclair Oil and Teapot Dome jailbird (sort of). Sinclair House is one of the French Gothic architectural gems of 5th Avenue (NYC). It was the mansion used in the movie Cruel Intentions. I mention this because 5th Ave. natives sometimes refer to it as Isaac's House since the original owner was Isaac Fletcher. It's currently owned by the Ukrainian Institute of America.

For my contribution, I will donate the lyrics that are currently playing:

"Calling unprotected girls

Infected girls

Do it better

[Ooh, ooh!]"

This randomness brought to you by Pandora.

- Calli

This randomness brought to you by Pandora.

Around the turn of the millennium, Anneli Magnusson (Pandora) accused Kylie Minogue of stealing one of her songs, "On A Night Like This", I think.

Just more randomness.

-Thoth.

• 4 weeks later...
shhh... can you hear the crickets?

Are these New Hampshire crickets? Are you still in transit, or have you switched coasts?

It's been so quiet around here recently I'm amazed the crickets haven't started a marching band! :lol:

Best,

Marguerite

Are these New Hampshire crickets? Are you still in transit, or have you switched coasts?

Yes. Where are you now? And will you be passing through Isaac's neck of the woods? I think he needs help building a bedroom. (On the East Coast homes come with bedrooms, don'cha know.)

Yes. Where are you now? And will you be passing through Isaac's neck of the woods? I think he needs help building a bedroom. (On the East Coast homes come with bedrooms, don'cha know.)

Absolutely. We could use an expert at matching stains.

In Colorado, they like to build houses with big empty spaces that should have been usable rooms.

Almost done...

IF

Absolutely. We could use an expert at matching stains.

...Almost done...

Calli does seem to have a lot of art experience. And wouldn't you just know there'd be web sites on the topic of stain matching. This one might not be what you're looking for but it comes with a knowledge base that might help.

Hang in there guy. No labor is as satisfying as that accomplished with your own hands.

-Thoth.

Archived