Storyist Forums

Failing ePubCheck 3.0.1

thewitt

I am getting TOC errors in ePubCheck 3.0.1

http://validator.idpf.org

WARNING OPS/toc.ncx - - meta@dtb:uid content 'E92262C4-D965-4B2F-9B56-FB0877FC0CEF' should conform to unique-identifier in content.opf: 'urn:uuid:E92262C4-D965-4B2F-9B56-FB0877FC0CEF'

ERROR OPS/toc.ncx 30 89 assertion failed: The "id" attribute does not have a unique value

ERROR OPS/toc.ncx 192 90 assertion failed: The "id" attribute does not have a unique value

Suggestions on how to correct these?

Thanks,

-Tim

Just an update on the error messsages.

An "About the Author" text file that follows the manuscript, and the "Forward" text file that preceeds the manusript have the same id="..." values in the XML file.

<navPoint class="chapter" id="id972C5B4B595748269859BFC43F048870" playOrder="3">
            <navLabel>
                <text>Forward</text>
            </navLabel>
            <content src="main-2.xhtml"></content>
        </navPoint>

<navPoint class="chapter" id="id972C5B4B595748269859BFC43F048870" playOrder="30">
            <navLabel>
                <text>About the Author</text>
            </navLabel>
            <content src="main-29.xhtml"></content>
        </navPoint>

-Tim

Hi Tim,

ePubCheck added a constraint a little while ago. Storyist 3 accommodates the new constraint, so you can use that if you're comfortable with the beta. If not, it's pretty easy to fix it yourself if you want.

To do so, unzip the epub file and examine the toc.ncx and toc.opf files.

In toc.opf, you'll find something like:
urn:uuid:D0214361-52DE-4500-83BD-45FBACBD87C6
In toc.ncx, you'll find:
Just edit the content value in toc.ncx entry to have the prefix "urn:uuid" like this:
You can then zip the folder into an epub file and it should pass the validation without generating a warning.
-Steve

Thank you Steve, and thanks for fixing this in the beta.

I've been reluctant to use the beta on my current project which is in it's final edit before publication, but I will definitely use it for Book 2 which will start next week!

-Tim

Archived