Storyist Forums

Auto save? Auto-slows-me-down is more like it.

CartoonMike

Using Storyist v 3.0.4 (2970) which, I'm guessing is the most recent version.

I'm working on a 50 page comic script with some modificatons in the basic screenwriting template. I also have 48 images in the images folder that I use for reference (basically layout/rough sketches with hand written dialog/captions that I transcribe to text). I have a spilt pane: the left side is showing the selected image, the right side is the script. Every so often I lose the cursor and control of Storyist (can't type or anything) and/or get the spinning beachball -- usually when I'm on a new line all ready to type in some dialog or caption. Then after a few seconds, I can resume typing.

This seems to have begun when I added the images, which I need to have so I can reference them within the app, instead of switching back and forth between preview and Storyist.

The abrupt auto-save is very disruptive to my flow and just plain annoying.

Is this normal? I hope not. There's no way to turn this feature off in preferences. From what I described about the way I'm using Storyist, am I doing something wrong?

the average size for the images are 3mb in TIFF format. These are the same images that I'll be importing into ComicLife along with the exported script from Storyist for lettering the comic. I want to avoid having multiple sets of graphics of the story, if at all possible. That is, if the images are kicking something in Storyist into auto-save mania.

I'm saying auto-save, because in an open window on my second monitor, I see a file, with the same name as my script file with an additional extension/name that consists of numbers and letters. This file vanishes just when control of my cursor returns in Storyist.

However, even with this issue, v3 is a lot easier to use than v2 or I'm just more used to Storyist; probably a bit of both.

Thanks for any suggestions/ideas in this problem.

Archived