Storyist Forums

Friends (Romans, Countrymen?)

marguerite

Forgive this Facebook-challenged question, but what is the significance of designating someone as a "friend" on the Invision boards? What changes? Do you get e-mails when a friend posts? Do you have quick access to his/her profile? Is it easier to PM friends?

Sure, we're all friends here, but the organizers presumably had something special in mind. So far, however, the Help files are coy on the topic except for supplying instructions on how to add friends.

Befuddled,

Marguerite

Forgive this Facebook-challenged question, but what is the significance of designating someone as a "friend" on the Invision boards? What changes? Do you get e-mails when a friend posts? Do you have quick access to his/her profile? Is it easier to PM friends?

Sure, we're all friends here, but the organizers presumably had something special in mind. So far, however, the Help files are coy on the topic except for supplying instructions on how to add friends.

Befuddled,

Marguerite

The "friends" designation is useful for boards with large groups in that you can use the friends list as a quick way find out who is on line and see what they are up to. Think of it as a bookmark.

-Steve

The "friends" designation is useful for boards with large groups in that you can use the friends list as a quick way find out who is on line and see what they are up to. Think of it as a bookmark.

Of course, we're a small group, at the moment. But recently I received a notice that Isaac put me on his friend list so I felt morally obligated to reciprocate and put him on my friend list. Then I thought, "What about Calli and Lady M?" How could I call Isaac a friend and not them (even if they continue to hoard the peanut butter cookies all to themselves!). And if them, why not Steve? So you see my predicament. Being the meek little individual that I am, I just didn't want to slight anyone. Yep, that's me. Meek. Meek and mild. Like that Daily Planet reporter.

I wonder if Invision Zone also provides an Enemies List?

-Thoth.

Of course, we're a small group, at the moment. But recently I received a notice that Isaac put me on his friend list so I felt morally obligated to reciprocate and put him on my friend list. Then I thought, "What about Calli and Lady M?" How could I call Isaac a friend and not them (even if they continue to hoard the peanut butter cookies all to themselves!). And if them, why not Steve? So you see my predicament. Being the meek little individual that I am, I just didn't want to slight anyone. Yep, that's me. Meek. Meek and mild. Like that Daily Planet reporter.

-Thoth.

Thanks, guys. That clarifies things. I will now reciprocate.

Please, have some cookies with your EAO [Evil Alien Overmuffins]. And would you like some tea with that brandy? :huh:

M

I wanted to know what it was, so I just started adding friends. :lol:

It would only let me add you to one or the other, so I went with friends for now. :lol:

Teehee, Isaac started a friend chain.

You know I like to start things, but I'm not shackled to the idea. I figured we all link up anyway though. I think there are a few features to iron out in these forums. My opinions may be weighted to one side, though.

IF

You know I like to start things, but I'm not shackled to the idea. I figured we all link up anyway though. I think there are a few features to iron out in these forums. My opinions may be weighted to one side, though.

Very punny. But last time I checked you were Calli's only friend. I didn't even make her enemies list.

Heartbroken.

-Thoth.

Archived