Storyist Forums

Can't open files from dropbox

ch66

I started out using storyist on my iPad and was syncing my work to my dropbox account. Later I got an macbook air and synced my dropbox account to my macbook and also bought the storyist app for the macbook. So now when I go to my dropbox folder and attempt to open my work with storyist, it says storyist cannot open the file because its in pdf format. And it also does not work when I try to import my work from within the app from the dropbox. Can someone plz help me with this problem?

Hi ch66,

Welcome to the forums.

It sounds like maybe you exported a PDF from Storyist for iOS to your Dropbox folder. Storyist doesn't open PDF files, so when you drop a PDF on the Storyist app icon, you'll see that message. Storyist does open Storyist projects (.story files) and many other text file types, and you'll find the list here:

http://storyist.com/mac/docs/#importing-existing-work

Is the work you're trying to import in one of these formats?

-Steve

So when I was writing on my iPad, the work was getting exported as an PDF? Thats the format its in now. But the app on the Macbook doesn't open PDF flies? Is there anyway for me to change it from PDF?

• 1 month later...

At the risk of being the dumb kid on the block, if ch66 has Storyist on both iPad and Mac, why does he need to export at all? If the master copy is on Dropbox, can't he set it up to sync as a .story file and open it in both apps? That's what I do.

Best,

M

Archived