Storyist Forums

Project View unavailable

Pip

Using the latest version (downloaded today through Apple's App Store) and running Yosemite on a Macbook: I was writing a document in Pages, then I exported that as a .docx file and then opened that in Storyist and saved it. However, all I can use is Text View. All the menus have Project View grayed out. Was it something I did?

Hi Pip,

Welcome to the forums.

Can you tell me a little more about what you mean when you say "All the menus have Project View grayed out"?

There aren't any menu items named "Project View". Perhaps menu items in the Project View's context menu are grayed out? If so, you probably haven't selected any items in the Project View. Click on one (e.g. "My Manuscript") and use the context menu again.

If that's not it, post a screenshot or some additional info and we'll be happy to investigate.

-Steve

Well, under the VIEW drop down there was an item "Show Project View" that was grayed out, meaning nothing worked when I clicked on it. Oddly when I just went back to check, the item was available (nice and dark) and I now have Project View! There also was the little box in the upper left which was grayed out but now works. The document does open in Text View though. Earlier today I could not get to Project View at all. Anyway, sorry to bother everyone.

Hi Pip,

Glad you're up and running again. And thanks for the clarification.

Could you have been in full screen mode? The View > Show Project View item is disabled in full screen mode, and Project View and Inspector View slides out when you move the mouse to the edge of the screen.

-Steve

Archived