Storyist Forums

Can't Open ANY .story files (El Capitan)

dMacGuy

I started using Storyist on my Mac, then added my iPad. I am using El Capitan and iOS 9

Yesterday I wanted to do some writing on my novel, but was having trouble getting the project file to open. Clicking on the .story file did nothing. No error message, just nothing. I noticed Storyist could not open a previous project either.

To test things out I created a new project and put some storylines on the index cards and saved the project. But today the file won't open at all. Same thing ... no matter what file I click to open all I see is that split second visual that happens on OS X that indicates it is opening, but then nothing ... not a blank page, no error message ... nothing

It does not seem that any .story file I have will open regardless of if they were saved on iCloud, Dropbox or even dragged back to my desktop.

Help!

Hi dMacGuy,

If you're running El Capitan, you'll want to get Storyist for Mac version 3.2. It includes support for El Capitan and works around a security-related change that Apple made that could cause the behavior you are seeing.

If you need to download 3.2, you can get it here: http://update.storyist.com/downloads/Storyist.dmg. This is the direct version.

Note: Version 3.2 was been submitted to the Mac App Store and is currently waiting for review. I've requested an expedited review, so hopefully it will be available shortly. In the meantime, please use the direct version above.

Update (10/3/15): Version 3.2 is now available in the Mac App Store.

-Steve

Archived