Storyist Forums

Troubles with iPad, iCloud and MAC

zencurry

I have the latest version of storyist running on my MAC mini (El Capitan) and to the best of my knowledge the latest version of storyist running on my iPad. My problem is that when I browse the iCloud on my mini, I can not see the storyist folder there that was created by storyist on my iPad; QQ I know, butthe whole point was to be able to work the same project on both--no can do no can see, so QQing aside, any tips folks?

zencurry

"cause the best things in life are mixed breeds"

Hi Zencurry,

A couple of things to check:

1. Make sure both your Mac and iPad are connected to the internet.
  2. Make sure your iCloud account has been upgraded to iCloud Drive. You should see the iCloud Drive folder in the Favorites section in Finder on your Mac.
  3. Make sure your iPad is set up to store files in iCloud, not Dropbox. You can check by tapping the More (...) button in the toolbar on the Storyist home screen.
  4. Make sure there is at least one document on the Storyist home screen. iCloud might not create the folder if there is nothing to display.
  5. Make sure you're signed in to the same iCloud account on both your Mac and your iPad.

If all looks good, try moving a file (any file) to the iCloud Drive folder on your Mac. This should trigger a sync and cause the Storyist folder to appear.

If none of that works, open a Terminal window and run the following command:

brctl log --wait --shorten

This will start logging the iCloud activity on your Mac to the terminal window. Then, add a file to Storyist for iOS and let me know what text you see in the terminal window.

-Steve

Archived