Storyist Forums

Can't export!

markweaver

I am trying to export a text file but it is not in the export list when I use the command. There is no reference to this issue in guidelines help. Perhaps I created the file in a different project than the default (or original) project that is appearing in the export list, but can't figure out where that came from either. Thanks.

I am using current versions of Storyist and Capitan on a new MacBook.

Thanks for the INSTANT reply, Steve, really appreciate it (trying to get this thing off to to my critique group).

I think that is the issue. The file was hidden in a novel folder I hadn't named. still trying to learn the conventions. I can't find anywhere in the guide that fully describes the file structure. I can't tell where the text file got saved to (which project). When I hit the project view icon for the text file it is dimmed. I guess that means I didn't save it to a project (that I created it separate from a project as a standalone?). Will keep doing trial and error on this, but I think I stumbled on how it exported, but it was by accident.

I suggest filling out the guide with more detail on these issues. I hate to bother you with these obvious things, but I hunted through the guide for these issues and there were gaps.

Have a great New Year!!!

Archived