Storyist Forums

Thankyou

pjl

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope it's okay under this topic.

I would like to congratulate the creator(s) of Storyist on a fantastic piece of software. This is what I've been longing for in a writing program, and meets my needs perfectly. So often a word processor is too much, and when it's not too much, often it is too little. I've gone through several programs both on OS X and PC, and even dabbled in Linux along the way, and nothing has been so easy and most importantly, so focused on the craft of writing.

There were times when using Microsoft Word where I would waste precious writing time worrying about formatting a manuscript; did I have this header correct, was this the right indentation and so forth. Storyist has taken that worry away and allowed me to concentrate on what is most important; the story. I can now sit down and get involved in my writing with no obvious distractions.

Thank you.

PJ

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope it's okay under this topic.

I would like to congratulate the creator(s) of Storyist on a fantastic piece of software. This is what I've been longing for in a writing program, and meets my needs perfectly. So often a word processor is too much, and when it's not too much, often it is too little. I've gone through several programs both on OS X and PC, and even dabbled in Linux along the way, and nothing has been so easy and most importantly, so focused on the craft of writing.

There were times when using Microsoft Word where I would waste precious writing time worrying about formatting a manuscript; did I have this header correct, was this the right indentation and so forth. Storyist has taken that worry away and allowed me to concentrate on what is most important; the story. I can now sit down and get involved in my writing with no obvious distractions.

Thank you.

PJ

Thank you for the kind words, PJ: They made my day!

-Steve

Thank you for the kind words, PJ: They made my day!

-Steve

By the way, I did mean to mention, while I was noting the odd behavior of the section/chapter titles, that Storyist flawlessly imported a .doc (Word 2001) file, not an RTF file. Great job on the text import feature!

Cheers,

Marguerite

Archived