Storyist Forums

A Template Collection

Steve E

Since I'm not authorized to respond to a post in Storyist Announcements I'm responding here.

With respect to the Storyist review in Videomaker, the video producer Andrew Burke seemed to like Storyist very much. In fact the only official weakness he found in it was its lack of templates. But he did say he found some on the Forum. (Yes, Steve, you're right. We rock. Especially Lady M when it comes to templates.)

Now I know I've mentioned before that, unlike Storyist, some WPs ship with dozens of templates. And others have mentioned that they come to the Forum for templates. So maybe it's time to make this template thing a little more official, or at least more visible.

1. How about gathering all the templates throughout the forums and putting them in their own forum visible on the site's home page (forums.storyist.com). You could call it Storyist Templates and put it next to Using Storyist (rather than inside it).

2. Create a batch of templates for download under Support at the store (www.storyist.com).

I realize the intention is for Storyist users to make templates on the fly, as needed, but that's not very practical for people just getting familiar with the product. Andrew Burke wasn't the first person to fault the lack of template shipped with the product. He won't be the last.

Just a thought.

-Thoth.

Since I'm not authorized to respond to a post in Storyist Announcements I'm responding here.

With respect to the Storyist review in Videomaker, the video producer Andrew Burke seemed to like Storyist very much. In fact the only official weakness he found in it was its lack of templates. But he did say he found some on the Forum. (Yes, Steve, you're right. We rock. Especially Lady M when it comes to templates.)

Now I know I've mentioned before that, unlike Storyist, some WPs ship with dozens of templates. And others have mentioned that they come to the Forum for templates. So maybe it's time to make this template thing a little more official, or at least more visible.

1. How about gathering all the templates throughout the forums and putting them in their own forum visible on the site's home page (forums.storyist.com). You could call it Storyist Templates and put it next to Using Storyist (rather than inside it).

2. Create a batch of templates for download under Support at the store (www.storyist.com).

I realize the intention is for Storyist users to make templates on the fly, as needed, but that's not very practical for people just getting familiar with the product. Andrew Burke wasn't the first person to fault the lack of template shipped with the product. He won't be the last.

Just a thought.

-Thoth.

I think this is a great idea. It will also encourage people to access the forums and perhaps return to check for new templates. The more, the merrier....

Also, congrats (well earned) to Steve. That's a very nice review. Of course, we Storyists all know how hard you work to make the program great, but it's good to see the rest of the world cluing in!

Marguerite

Archived